Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The contents of this page have expired.
You may have arrived here from an outdated link.
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES IN Business and Management
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES IN Computer Science and IT
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES IN Engineering
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES IN Hotel Management and Hospitality
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES IN Mass Communication and Media
Open University Malaysia (OUM)
|Student population||Small (1,000 or less)|
|Nationalities||Contact the university / college|
About Open University Malaysia (OUM)
OUM was established in year 2000 by a consortium of 11 public universities in Malaysia. Since its establishment, Open University Malaysia (OUM) is known as a private university in Malaysia that shares the same quality and competence of its other 11 public university partners. This institution holds onto the motto “University for All” whereby encouraging the belief on the democratisation of education and that it is made available for everyone despite of the time, place, age, and social economic background.
Its open and distance learning (ODL) mode is designed to meet the requirement of obtaining quality education for working adults who already have responsibilities in their careers and family matters. At OUM, the course programmes here involves a wide range of study disciplines and they are all accredited by the MQA or Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
Several provided faculties:
- Education and Languages
- Applied Social Sciences
- Information Technology and Multimedia Communication
- OUM Business School
- Science and Technology
- Nursing and Allied Health Sciences
|IELTS||Contact the university / college|
|TOEFL||Contact the university / college|
For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.
Courses available 10
Tuition and application fees
Contact the university / college
Estimated tuition fees as reported by the institution.
|Application fee (local students)||Contact the university / college|
|Application fee (international students)||Contact the university / college|
|Student visa fee (international students)||Contact the university / college|
Data not available per month
Average living cost in Malaysia
The amount is indicated taking into account the average cost of food, accommodation, etc in Malaysia for 2023
|Food||Data not available|
|Accommodation||Data not available|
|Others||Contact the university / college|
The main campus is in the center of Kuala Lumpur. In addition to this, there are 37 learning centres throughout Malaysia, out of which 10 are regional learning centres.
Small (1,000 or less)
|Undergraduate students||Contact the university / college|
|Postgraduate students||Contact the university / college|
|International students||Contact the university / college|
OUM practices a blended learning methodology:
- Face-to face-learning: Tutorials are conducted where students have the opportunity to physically meet their tutors and discuss the learning and assignments.
- e-Learning: Students are required to participate in an online forum using a learning management system and discuss among each other.
- Self-managed learning module: Students do not have to attend tutorials and classes in a traditional setting but they still need to come for their tests.
- m-Learning: The learning materials are designed in downloadable formats that can be accessed using a desktop or laptop computer. Students then opt to transfer these contents into a handphone to view them. One needs a handphone equipped with the necessary features.