About this course
The growth and development of the Internet is rapid and innovative. This phenomenon has enabled many companies to use web-based systems to operate their business processes in more efficient, effective and innovative ways. The use of the Internet has also led companies to be competitive.
This programme produces graduates who have the in-depth knowledge and skills that are essential to work as professionals in the web development, mobile development, web-based multimedia development, IOT applications and computer networking sectors. Graduates will also be equipped with knowledge and skills in Enterprise Web Applications, Web Engineering, Emerging Web Technologies and Internet Security.
Elective courses like Internet of Things, Electronic Commerce, Mobile Application Development, Advanced Database Management, Systems Administration, Artificial Intelligence, Network Security, Cloud Computing and Human Computer Interaction will be offered to students undergoing this programme.
Students will have an opportunity to work with the industry through their 6 months of industrial training and carry out real-life projects on web development and computer networking. All such training will add value to their qualification and increase their employment opportunities.
(1) STPM - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(2) A Level - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(3) SAM - ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one mathematics subject
(4) UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
(5) TAR UC - Foundation in Computing (Track B) OR Diploma in Science (Internet Technology) (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^
(6) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation accredited by MQA / relevant Diploma (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^ accredited by MQA
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Credit in Mathematics/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics / UEC Grade B in one mathematics subject
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
^ Graduates with CGPA 2.0001 - 2.4999 are required to sit and pass a Qualifying Test.
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC level.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have a t least a past in Sejarah.
- IT Fundamentals
- Web Design and Development
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Multimedia Development for the Web
- Introduction to Internet Security
- Fundamentals of Computer Networks
- Web Programming
- Computer Networks
- Web Engineering
- Enterprise Web Applications
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Emerging Web Technologies
- Problem Solving and Programming
- Research Methods
- Database Management
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Operating Systems
- Social and Professional Issues
- Probability and Statistics
- Discrete mathematics
- Music Appreciation
- Project I
- Project II
- Industrial Training (6 months)
Electives (Choose 3):
- Electronic Commerce
- Human Computer Interaction
- Mobile Application Development
- Network Security
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Computing
- Advanced Database Management
- Internet of things
- System Administration
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
English Language, Tamadun Islam dan Asia, English for Communication, Hubungan Etnik, English for the Profession, Entrepreneurship, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, Contemporary Malaysian Issues, Co-curricular