Total tuition fee (local)
Contact the university / college
Total tuition fee (foreign)
- UNSW Bachelor of Architectural Studies graduates who achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 and who are assumed to have architectural practice experience may apply directly to the UNSW Admissions Office. Eligible graduates of the UNSW Bachelor of Architectural Studies are guaranteed admission to the UNSW Master of Architecture.
- Graduates from undergraduate Architecture degrees undertaken in university schools and programs of the Association of Architecture Schools of Australasia (Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea) who achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 (or equivalent) and who are assumed to have completed architectural practice experience may apply directly to the UNSW Admissions Office.
- Graduates of undergraduate Architecture degree programs from other universities and institutions who achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 (or equivalent) may apply directly to the UNSW Admissions Office.
- Applicants under this category are required to provide:
- A statement of intent (maximum 1000 words) outlining why the student wishes to study at UNSW Built Environment Architecture.
- An official academic transcript of previous studies
- Demonstration of 6 months work experience in the office of an Architectural Practice.
- Hard copy A3 portfolio (maximum of 10 pages) of university architectural studies projects from a range of academic courses, particularly design studio courses, undertaken in the bachelor degree program. Please note digital portfolios are not accepted.
- Interested graduates from allied Built Environment design orientated undergraduate degrees such as Architectural Computing, Interior Architecture and Landscape Architecture who meet the Master of Architecture academic entry requirement of 65 WAM (or equivalent) are encouraged to contact the BE Student Centre for advice.
English Requirements for International Students
- ILETS: 6.5 overall (minimum 6.0)
- TOEFL: 577 overall (min. 5.0 in TWE) or Internet based; 90 overall (min.23 in writing, 22 in reading, listening and speaking)
- Pearson test for English: 64 overall (min. 54 in each subtest)
- CPE: B grade
- CAE: A grade
- Design Studio 1
- Construction and Structures
- Architecture in Asia
- Design Studio 2
- Professional Practice
- Research Studio
- Major Design Studio
- Architectural Spatialisation
- Modernity to Deconstruction
- Classical Architecture
- A History of Housing
- Drawing and Design: Ideation
- Presentation Rhetoric
- Social Planning
- Land and Environment Law
- Sustainable Infrastructure
- Documentation Techniques
- Building Services
- Sustainable Dev & Urban Environroment
- Resources, Materials & Sustain
- Energy & the Built Environment
- Environmental Auditing
- Managing the Sust Built Env
- Hist & Theory of Urban Dev