- At least the Senior High School Certificate/Senior Secondary School/other equivalent pre-university examination form the government school (with the period of at least 12 years of study from primary to higher secondary);
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) ‘A’ Level , Diploma in the related field or other equivalent pre-university examinations;
- Any other certificate that is recognized by Senat of the University equivalent to the above.
- Programme’s specific requirements.
- Passed the UTM interview (if capable)
- A score of not less than 500 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (or TOEFL (IBT) > 59);
- A minimum overall band score of 5.5 in or IELTS (Academic);
- A minimum overall band score of 5.5 in TEEP (UTMSPACE);
- A minimum overall band score of 3 in MUET (STPM holder).
The first two years of this programme is emphasized on the compulsory fundamentals accounting theoretical and technical skills. Students are then exposed to more advanced knowledge in biology during their third year of study. Teaching is via lectures, supervisions, assignments and laboratory classes. A research experience is an important component of the Bachelor of Science (Biology) programme.
In the final year, students conduct laboratory-based research projects which are integrated with the expertise of our academic staff.
This experience is invaluable in the intellectual development of a student and in their subsequent search for technical positions in industrial, medical or government research laboratories. The programme also provides opportunities for students to engage in diverse and interdisciplinary research areas, ranging from molecular biology, with its potential to revolutionize medicine and agriculture, to ecology, with its applications for sustainable management of the environment. It is aspired that these research fields will satisfy and meet future challenges in improving the quality of human life as well as sustaining the habitats and biodiversity.
Note: Selected students will be offered to join study abroad programme at University of Kent, United Kingdom. This programme allows students to be exposed to different ways of teaching and learning process, gain new and more advance knowledge in biotechnology and promoting students enthusiasm to be part of biotechnology player at the international level.