Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
Ready to apply? Start here.
|# 15||QSWUR Top 50 Under 50 Rankings|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
About Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
At the School of Graduate Studies (SGS), it plays a key role at being a service and administrative centre to provide assistance to postgraduate students when registration at UPM and other processes involved after the completion of their studies. Since its establishment in 1978, it was given a bigger role as a service centre that possesses a status equal to that of a faculty at the University. From here, it holds the role of coordinating all postgraduate programmes, activities, and events at the Universiti Putra Malaya (UPM). In other words, it also puts effort into preserving a stable relationship between UPM and its graduates.
With approximately 265 fields of study that covers its Masters and PhD programmes, SGS helps to manage their 12,000 students that are placed within the 16 faculties and 9 institutes available. SGS is known on a global level for the number of international students who make UPM as their study destination and they are currently from 80 countries worldwide.
For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.
Courses available 10
Tuition and application fees
RM 10,000 - RM 100,000 per year
Estimated tuition fees as reported by the institution.
|Application fee (local students)||RM 100|
|Application fee (foreign students)||RM 600|
|Student visa fee (foreign students)||RM 2,400|
RM 1,500 per month
Average living cost in Malaysia
The amount is indicated taking into account the average cost of food, accommodation, etc in Malaysia for 2023
Faculties of UPM include:
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Educational Studies
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Faculty of Food Science and Technology
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Design and Architecture
- Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences
Institutes of UPM include:
- Institute of Bioscience
- Institute of Advanced Technology
- Institute for Mathematical Research
- Halal Product Research Institute
- Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP)
Large (More than 10,000)
|foreign students||Data not available|