About this course
Students are trained in both theoretical knowledge and practical skills for software development, system design and related mathematical techniques.
(1) SPM - 3 Credits in the relevant subjects
(2) O Level - 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects
(3) UEC - 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects
(4) Certificate - Relevant Certificate accredited by MQA OR Relevant Skilled/Technical/Vocational Certificate recognised by the Malaysian Government
i) (1), (2) and (3) SPM Credit in Additional Mathematics/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics-Additional/ UEC Grade B in one mathematics subject
ii) (1), (2) and (3) SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC level.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
b) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Diploma.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Information is correct at the point of printing. Subject to the Ministry of Education latest requirements.
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Programming Concepts and Design I
- Programming Concepts and Design II
- Operating Systems
- Web Design and Development
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Object-Oriented Programming Techniques
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Fundamentals of Computer Networks
- Database Development and Applications
- Introductory Calculus
- Statistics I
- Statistics II
- Discrete Mathematics
- Industrial Training
Elective I (Choose 1):
- Accounting Methods I
- Introduction to Data Science
- Computer Game Studies
- Software Engineering
Elective II (Choose 1):
- Accounting Methods II
- Introduction to Data Mining
- Computer Game Development
- Software Requirement and Design
Elective III (Choose 1):
- Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence
- Mobile Application Development
- GUI and Web Application Programming
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
- English for Tertiary Studies, Academic English, Bahasa Kebangsaan A or Public Speaking, Pengajian Malaysia 2, Professional English, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Co-curricular