About this course
APU's Master of Finance with a specialism in FinTech programme is designed to provide you an edge with the latest technologies that are in line with the Industrial Revolution 4.0.
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to :
- Understand the financial system and the linkages of financial institutions and markets to corporations, individuals and governments.
- Understand the financial technology (FinTech) ecosystem and the developments that shape the financial industry in the 21st century.
- Acquire the necessary skills to be a successful financial enthusiast championing financial solutions in the 21st century.
- Interpret principles & understandings of financial workings in the world of FinTech.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative techniques in analysing problems in Finance & Technology and solve complex, unstructured finance or investment related problems.
- Perform advanced methods and procedures in solving complex problems by extending the knowledge of the Finance discipline into more specialized areas.
- Employ digital skills such as word processing, the web and econometric packages in analysing financial data while conducting research in a professional field.
- Demonstrate advanced numeracy skills in solving complex problems.
- Apply experience learned and solid understanding of the realities of a business especially in FinTech related areas.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00, or its equivalent qualification as acceptable by the Senate.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with CGPA below 2.75 out of 4.00 but above 2.50; or its equivalent qualification can be accepted, subject to a minimum of 5 years’ working experience in relevant field.
- Relevant professional accounting qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree as accepted by the Senate.
- IELTS 5.00
- Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence
- Cybercrime and Investigation
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Financial Technology
- Big Data Analytics and Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- International Finance
- Research Methodology
- Investment and Portfolio Management
You will be expected to conduct effective research in relation to FinTech for both academic and industrial purposes. The project will provide you with an opportunity to study a topic related to FinTech in the form of a written report. You are required to develop your chosen research study by conducting literature reviews, engaging with research methodology, developing skills in data collection and analysis. At the end of the study, you will produce and present a report conforming to the conventions of academic writing.