About this course
To cope with the ever-changing economic environment and business development of the Fashion and Image Design industry. The programme is designed to fill the talent demand of the rigorous and demanding industries in of the Film, TV, Entertaining and Show business sector.
The programme aims to nurture graduates and develop designers for character and fashion design in connection with the performance requirements to enter the niche of the fashion and entertainment market.
With the strong support of Fashion Archive and through a series of structured studio practices, master lectures and collaborations with the industries, graduates are capable of working independently from developing concepts to realising the outputs in eastern and western period costumes, props, accessories and character design for performance.
This programme is designed with additional emphasis on generic, language and communication training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
- Applicants with academic qualifications obtained in secondary or tertiary institutions outside Hong Kong will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.
- IGCSE, GCE, International Baccalaureate (IB) or other overseas qualifications which are comparable with the required levels of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education will be accepted.
- IELTS overall score at 5 or equivalent
- English and Communication: Workplace Interaction
- Whole Person Development - Collaboration, Teamwork & Social Engagement
- Information Technology Essentials - Design
- Creative and Design Thinking
- Costume Construction
- Costume Drawings
- Fundamental Costume Design
- Expanded Studies: Experiential Project for Costume
- Vocational Chinese Communication: Putonghua Conversation and Reports
- English and Communication: Workplace Correspondence
- Whole Person Development - MindShift: Achieving Personal Growth & Effectiveness (Part 1)
- Cultural Studies
- Costume History and Evolution
- Costume Technology
- Materials for Stage Performance
- Millinery and Headgear Studio
- Expanded Studies: Costumes Workshop
- English and Communication: Persuasive Presentations
- Whole Person Development - MindShift: Achieving Personal Growth & Effectiveness (Part 2)
- Aesthetics and Semiotics
- Introduction to Stage Hair Design
- Expanded Studies: Advanced Costumes Workshop
- Expanded Studies: Costume Design Project
- Vocational Chinese Communication: Putonghua Presentations and Promotional Text Writing
- English and Communication: Reports
- Advanced Fashion Workshop: Draping and Modelling
- Advanced Millinery and Headgear Studio
- Character Costume Design
- Collaboration Project
- Introduction to Stage Make-up
- English and Communication: Promotional Materials
- Whole Person Development - Enhancing Competencies in the 21st Century Workplace
- Critical Practice for Costume Design
- Fashion Plus: Industry Processes
- Portfolio Development
- Expanded Studies: Props and Accessories Studio
- Graduation Costume Project
Modules Across Semesters:
- Industrial Attachment
Remark: Students have to complete the Enrichment Module in Semester 3.