About this course
This programme is for students who have completed secondary school education, and want to pursue specialist spatial and environmental design studies. It runs for one semester, as a common semester for all first-year Higher Diploma students studying in Architecture, Interior and Landscape Design. It is designed to introduce students to basic design, creative knowledge and skills, as well as to prepare them for the next four to five semesters of study in their respective professional design programmes (Higher Diploma in Architectural Design, Higher Diploma in Interior Design or Higher Diploma in Landscape Architecture).
- Applicants with academic qualifications obtained in secondary or tertiary institutions outside Hong Kong will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.
- IGCSE, GCE, International Baccalaureate (IB) or other overseas qualifications which are comparable with the required levels of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education will be accepted.
- IELTS overall score at 5 or equivalent
The 1st semester Higher Diploma in Architecture, Interior and Landscape Design (Subject Group) common foundation studies curriculum :
- English and Communication: Workplace Interaction
- Whole Person Development - Mindshift: Achieving Personal Growth & Effectiveness
- Information Technology Essentials
- Creative Thinking
- Architectural Visualization: Hand Drawing Technique
- Design Studio: Spatial Definition
- History and Theory of Design: Introduction
- Principles of Building: Structure and Construction
- Expanded Studies: Local Field Trip
Remark : Students have to complete the Enrichment Module in Semester 3, 4 or 5