About Johnson & Wales University
Johnson & Wales University Mission
The mission of Johnson & Wales University is to empower its diverse student body to succeed in today's dynamic world by integrating general education, professional skills and career-focused education. To this end, the university employs its faculty, services, curricula and facilities to equip students with the conceptual and practical tools required to become contributing members of society.
Johnson & Wales University supports the following purposes in accordance with the mission:
- to enroll students with potential from varied backgrounds and to give them every opportunity to excel in their academic and professional lives;
- to develop and assess sound programs and curricula that allow students to attain proficiencies in general education and relevant professional disciplines;
- to evaluate and assess regularly the rigor of all academic programs;
- to provide experiential education opportunities that are curriculum-driven and include practical experiences for students in every program;
- to support diversity in the curricula, activities and services for students, and in the employment of faculty and staff;
- to provide students with opportunities that support intellectual development, personal growth and civic engagement;
- to monitor the external and internal environment of the university through regular and effective planning and assessment;
- to hold each academic, administrative and support department accountable for the achievement of the mission;
- to plan for and provide facilities and resources that meet the needs of students, faculty and staff.