|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Hawaii Pacific University
The downtown campus comprises six buildings in the center of Honolulu’s business district. One of these buildings is the HPU Frear Center, which houses state-of-the-art classrooms, a communication lab, and a high-tech information systems classroom. HPU’s Meader Library provides a multitude of general and specialized resources, including a business reference collection, a National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) collection, and many online databases and journals.
Also available are study areas, group study rooms, computer work stations, and wireless Internet. The Tutoring and Testing Center provides free tutoring in all core subjects. The expanded downtown computer lab includes more than 420 computers for student use.
- The main campus is located in downtown Honolulu, the business and financial center of the Pacific. It is home to the College of Business Administration and College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- The Hawai'i Loa campus, eight miles away from the main campus, situated on 135 acres in Kaneohe, is the site of the College of Natural and Computational Sciences and the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, as well as many general education courses.
- The Oceanic Institute of HPU, a major research center specializing in marine biology, marine aquaculture, biotechnology, and ocean resource management, is located on a 56-acre site at Makapu‘u Point on the windward coast of O‘ahu, Hawai‘i. Learning, internship, and research opportunities for graduates and undergraduates abound in this hands-on learning environment.
All three sites of these campuses are conveniently linked by shuttle.
The Waterfront Lofts is located on the downtown Honolulu waterfront, Piers 8 and 9, and borders the iconic Aloha Tower that was built in 1926 to welcome passenger ship arrivals.
- The student residential community, which is set to open in August 2015, is located on the second floor of the Aloha Tower Marketplace.
- There are single-, double- and triple-occupancy bedroom options in a loft unit and a double-occupancy option in a studio unit.
- The lofts have a living room, kitchenette, and bathroom; studios have a bathroom and mini-fridge.
- Each bedroom is equipped with basic furniture, including an extra-long twin bed, bed frame, desk, desk chair and wardrobe dresser.
- Living at the Waterfornt Lofts means easy access to many amenities, activities, and public transportation in downtown Honolulu.
Hawaii Loa Campus Residence Halls
The residence halls at Hawaii Pacific University are located on the Hawaii Loa campus.
- The halls house between approximately thirty students in each hall, suite style with one Resident Advisor in each residence hall.
- All rooms are either double-occupancy or triple-occupancy rooms..
- The on-campus housing complex provides full academic year accommodations (fall, winter, and spring semesters) for students in six coed (men and women) residence halls.
- Primarily, first-year (traditional freshman) students choose to live in the residence halls because of the convenient meal plan, quick access to the downtown campus from the Hawaii Loa campus by using the University's intercampus shuttle service, and strong community atmosphere.
Courses available 10Agriculture & Related Subjects 1 Business and Management 2 Computer Science and IT 1 Health and Medicine 1 Hotel Management & Hospitality 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 3 Mass Communication & Media 1
Be the first one!