The contents of this page have expired.

You may have arrived here from an outdated link.

Hawaii Pacific University Cover Photo
Hawaii Pacific University Logo

Hawaii Pacific University

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States

7 Undergraduate programs
1 Postgraduate programs


Institution type Private
Year established
Campus setting Urban
Student population Medium (1,001 to 10,000)
International students 7%
Nationalities Contact the university / college

About Hawaii Pacific University

Established in 1965, Hawaii Pacific University is a non-government institution that has approximately 3,436 undergraduate students enrolled into one of its 36 unique undergraduate degrees that are also clustered into 31 majors within 18 broad fields of study. Located in the urban area of Honolulu, Hawaii, and a campus size of 135 acres, this institution also utilises a semester-based academic calendar.

In the classrooms, the student-faculty ratio is only at 12:1 with 58% of Hawaii Pacific University students in classes with less than 20 students. Some of the more popular course programmes according to students’ choice include Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Health Professions and Related Programs; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Psychology; and Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs. It is also interesting to note that students’ satisfaction rate regarding overall learning experience on campus is at 69 percent.

Other than that, the gender distribution among the student body is at a fairly equal balance with 42 percent makeup of the male students, and the remainder of 58 percent are female students. However, when it comes to students’ choice for accommodation, 87 percent of students favour in living outside with the remainder of 13 percent still prefer to live on -campus.



Admissions Statistics
IELTS Contact the university / college
TOEFL Contact the university / college

For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.

Courses available 8

Tuition and application fees

Contact the university / college

Estimated tuition fees as reported by the institution.

Tuition and Application Statistics
Application fee (local students) Contact the university / college
Application fee (international students) Contact the university / college
Student visa fee (international students) Contact the university / college

Living cost

Data not available per month

Average living cost in United States

The amount is indicated taking into account the average cost of food, accommodation, etc in United States for 2023

Costs Statistics
Food Data not available
Accommodation Data not available
Others Contact the university / college


Waterfront Lofts

Waterfront Lofts can be easily located on Piers 8 and 9 at the downtown of Honolulu waterfront. It also frames the Aloha Tower that was once used to welcome passenger ship arrivals.

  • The student residential community that is situated on the second floor of the Aloha Tower Marketplace.
  • Types: single-, double- and triple-occupancy bedroom options in a loft unit and a double-occupancy option in a studio unit.
  • The lofts have a living room, kitchenette, and bathroom; studios have a bathroom and mini-fridge.
  • Each bedroom -  an extra-long twin bed, bed frame, desk, desk chair and wardrobe dresser.
  • Living at the Waterfornt Lofts means easy access to many amenities, activities, and public transportation in downtown Honolulu.

Hawaii Loa Campus Residence Halls

Hawaii Loa has some of the residence halls at Hawaii Pacific University.

  • Home to thirty students in each hall - suite style.
  • Employs Resident Advisor in each residence hall.
  • Types of rooms: double-occupancy or triple-occupancy rooms.
  • Provides full academic year accommodations (fall, winter, and spring semesters) for students in six co-ed (men and women) residence halls.
  • Convenient for first-year students because; prepared meal plan, quick access to important locations on campus, shuttle service, and strong community atmosphere.


At Hawaii Pacific University, the downtown area of campus comprises of 6 buildings that mark the centre of Honolulu’s business district. These buildings include HPU Frear Centre with modern facilitated classrooms, communication lab, and even a cutting-edge information systems classroom. Another part of the buildings houses HPU’s Meader Library which functions as a provider of a collection of general and specialised resources, comprising of a business reference collection, a National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) collection, and many another resources students and the faculty can make use of.

Throughout campus, there are also other facilities provided such as study areas, group study rooms, computer work stations, and WiFi. In another part of the campus as well, the Tutoring and Testing Centre offers access for students to acquire free tutoring in all core subjects imbedded in their course.

Almost all primary features of the campus are linked by a shuttle bus service.

Student population

Medium (1,001 to 10,000)

Total population

Student Statistics
Undergraduate students Contact the university / college
Postgraduate students Contact the university / college
International students Contact the university / college


See More

Maximum 6 courses for comparison!