|Setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Athlone Institute of Technology
AIT's campus has been fited from €100 million investment since 2000. This has seen the following new facilities added to the institute's infrastructure: Engineering and Informatics Building, Postgraduate Research Hub, Midlands Innovation and Research Centre, Nursing and Health Science Building, Hospitality, Tourism & Leisure Studies Building, as well as numerous other improvements and additions to the facilities.
The plans for the facility include:
- IAAF-standard 6-lane indoor athletics track with 1,500 spectator seats
- Two court sports hall with 1,500 seats on international futsal and basketball courts
- Elite squad gym
- Performance laboratory
- Aerobics studio
- Fitness suite
- Physical therapy suites
The Institute's facilities also include playing pitches and a multipurpose centre which contains a basketball court, four badminton courts, two volleyball courts, indoor soccer, and a fully equipped fitness suite. In the past twelve months a further €2.5 million was invested in a FIFA 2 Star International standard soccer pitch and an Olympic-standard Mondo athletics track. New sand-based rugby and GAA pitches are currently under construction, which will add to the existing facilities when available.
Students may also avail of various other local facilities. The recently opened Regional Sports Centre, located near the town centre, comprises a 25m swimming pool, children's pool, sauna & steam room, jacuzzi, fitness gym, créche, café, FIFA standard astro-turf pitch and a sports hall.
Athlone Institute of Technology is located in the centre of Ireland. Athlone has a population of 25,000 people and is approximately a 90 minute journey from the capital city, Dublin.
- Temporary accommodation may be found by contacting any of the following addresses, which may be used as a base to find something more permanent (please contact the International Office if you need assistance in booking temporary accommodation). The International Office in association with the Students’ Union Accommodation Officer will assist you in finding suitable permanent accommodation for the duration of your stay. If you are booking bed & breakfast or hostel accommodation, please contact the accommodation provider in Athlone to inform them of your date and approximate time of arrival in Athlone.
Bed & Breakfast
All within a 10-minute walking distance of the institute. Bed & Breakfast costs approximately €35.00 per night.
- Beech Tree B&B, Dublin Road, Athlone
- Tel. + 353 (0)90 647 8653
- Dun Mhuire B&B, Bonavalley,Dublin Road, Athlone
- Tel. + 353 (0)90 647 5360
- Burren Lodge, Dublin Road, Athlone
- Tel. + 353 (0)90 647 5157
- Shelmalier House B&B, Retreat Road, Athlone
- Tel. + 353 (0)90 6472245
- Houses range from €55-€80 per week. In most houses you will pay your electricity bill and heating costs yourself, unless your landlord/lady includes it in the rent. Four week written notice must be given by the student if he/she wishes to leave the house, likewise for the landlord/lady if they wish the student to leave. Houses are generally furnished and kitchens are normally fully equipped. However, bed linen is not provided.
- Heatherview Student Accommodation
- Heatherview Court is five minutes’ walk from the AIT main campus. It is a stylish, modern development with every aspect of modern student living provided for. This development is highly secure with its own private individually coded security system. There is a night club near the entrance to the student apartments.
- Merrion Accommodation
- Properties located in Wellmount Student Village: 3 & 4 Bedroom Apartments.
- Croí Oige – Student Accommodation
- Croí Oige is located across the road from AIT's Main Campus and consists of 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom apartments adjacent to the college. It is a mix of Townhouse, Apartment and Duplex units with total accommodation of 191 beds. They comprise 127 single rooms (23 en-suite) and 64 twin rooms (10 en-suites).
- Glen Abhainn Village – Student Village
- Glen Abhainn Village is a state of the art purpose built student village. The complex is located opposite Athlone Institute of Technology and a short distance from the town center. The Village has 99 purpose made apartments with shared kitchen/living areas designed for single or twin accommodation. Features include
- M Buckley Student Accommodation
- Located across the road from AIT's Main Campus.
- Wellmount- Student Accommodation
- The accommodation is a mix of apartments, townhouses and duplexes.
- Rockbrook Court Student Accommodation
- New 1 & 2 Bedroom Student apartments located across the road from AIT Main Campus
- Gate Lodge Student Accommodation
- Located across the road from AIT Main Campus
- Daly's Apartments
- Conveniently located across from AIT's main campus
- Brookview Apartments
- Located beside the main campus of AIT. Apartments are located in a private gated community consisting of two separate double bedrooms, living room, kitchen and bathroom.
Courses available 10Applied and Pure Sciences 1 Business and Management 2 Computer Science and IT 1 Creative Arts & Design 1 Engineering 1 Health and Medicine 1 Hotel Management & Hospitality 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 1 Law 1 MBA 1
Be the first one!