|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Provides the users with a broad spectrum of literature from all academic disciplines and a wide range of services
- Consists of four central libraries and 15 departmental libraries, whose holdings are dispersed over roughly 200 sites
- The Main Library and the Science and Technology Branch Library are situated in Erlangen, whereas the Economic and Social Sciences Branch Library as well as the Educational Science Branch Library are located in Nürnberg
- The total stock of the University Library amounts to appr. 5.4 million media items, with about 50,000 new titles added annually
- Holdings include 52,000 electronic journals, roughly 8,500 printed journals and newspapers, as well as a historic collection of 613,000 titles
- Its 930,000 academic dissertations form one of the most extensive collections of this type in Germany
- Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology
- Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering
FAU’s two main sites, the cities of Erlangen and Nuremberg, are located at the heart of the Nuremberg Metropolitan Region. Both Erlangen with its 100,000 inhabitants, former home of the Huguenots and a key location for Siemens, and Nuremberg, a city with a population of half a million and a metropolitan flair, have their own unique charms. The opera, theatre and museums, along with a lively pub scene and night life, offer plenty of opportunities to relax after a day in the lecture theatre, lab or library.
Erlangen and Nuremberg both lie on major train routes and are served by long-distance ICE trains and regional trains. Timetables are available from Deutsche Bahn and the local public transport provider VGN.
Nuremberg, Fürth and Erlangen are all accessible via the A73 motorway (Frankenschnellweg).
Underground trains run directly from Nuremberg airport to the centre of Nuremberg, where there are connections to trains and the public transport network.
Nuremberg and Erlangen are bicycle-friendly cities and cycling is a great way to travel short distances between locations.
- FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg is not able to offer accommodation
- The University does not operate any student accommodation and is not allowed to act as an estate agent
- In Erlangen, there is limited offers of private housing, this means that it can take a lot of time and effort to find a flat or room
- As in many other German university cities, the accommodation demand exceeds the supply by far, which often leads to high rents
Courses available 10Applied and Pure Sciences 2 Business and Management 1 Computer Science and IT 1 Engineering 3 English Language 1 Health and Medicine 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 1
Be the first one!