Kingston, Ontario, Canada
|Campus setting||Contact the university / college|
|Living cost||Contact the university / college|
|Student population||Contact the university / college|
|International students||Contact the university / college|
Original SDU buildings in the central quadrangle have been renovated to retain integrity of their exterior aesthetic design while meeting modern standards. Main Building, built in 1854, and Dalton Hall, built between 1917 and 1919, are on the registry of Historic Places of Canada.
The War Memorial Hall (more generally known as Memorial Hall) is a landmark building on the campus of UPEI. Built as a men’s residence building in 1946, Memorial Hall honours alumni who had enlisted and died in the First World War, and in the Second World War.
UPEI's campus, located at the corner of Belvedere and University Avenues in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island's capital city, is built on 134 acres (54 hectares) of land. The Confederation Trail runs alongside its eastern boundary.
Bill and Denise Andrew Hall:
Andrew Hall received its first occupants for the winter 2006 semester. The building consists of 67 double suites (designed for two students), with 9 single and 5 triple suites. Each suite is equipped with a refrigerator, microwave and TV. All student bedrooms are singles and include double beds and large workstations.
Andrew Hall is named for Bill and Denise Andrew. Bill graduated from UPEI’s Engineering Program in 1973 and went on to become the CEO of Penn West Petroleum. He was appointed UPEI’s Chancellor in 2003 and was recently reappointed to a second term. He and his wife Denise own a harness-racing business in Alberta and are partners in Meridian Farms in Milton where they raise standardbred horses.
Andrew Hall is physically connected to two levels of the existing Wanda Wyatt Dining Hall where the dining area has been expanded and the food service area upgraded.