About Walters State Community College
Walters State is a learning-centered, comprehensive, public community college dedicated to increasing educational attainment and supporting economic development by providing affordable, high quality educational opportunities for the residents of East Tennessee.
To accomplish the mission, the college:
- offers programs of study that lead to associate degrees or certificates
- fosters and inspires student engagement and success
- delivers public service and non-credit programs in support of workforce development and personal enrichment
- employs highly qualified faculty and staff
- provides convenient access through multiple campuses and advanced technology including distance learning through digital means
- partners with other educational institutions to promote access and facilitate articulation and transfer
- pursues external sources of support and entrepreneurial initiatives
- assesses and responds to community needs
- provides opportunities for promoting diversity and enhancing cultural awareness
- pursues resourcefulness, effectiveness and efficiency through comprehensive accountability and continuous improvement programs.