Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The contents of this page have expired.
You may have arrived here from an outdated link.
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES IN Business and Management
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES IN Computer Science and IT
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES IN Engineering
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES IN Hotel Management and Hospitality
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES IN Mass Communication and Media
University of Pennsylvania
|# 13||QS World University Rankings 2014|
|Campus setting||Contact the university / college|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
|International students||Contact the university / college|
|Nationalities||Contact the university / college|
About University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania is a private, Ivy League university, placed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. It is also one of the Colonial Colleges. Penn considers itself the fourth-oldest institution of higher education in the United States, as well as the first university with both undergraduate and graduate studies in the United States.
Penn's academic and research programs are led by a large and highly productive faculty. In the last ten years alone 9 Penn faculty members or graduates have won a Nobel Prize. Over its long history the university has also produced a large volume of distinguished alumni. These include 12 heads of state (including one U.S. President), 3 United States Supreme Court justices, and supreme court justices of other states, founders of technology companies, international law firms, and global financial institutions, university presidents and 18 living billionaires.
Penn offers a wide range of academic departments, an extensive research enterprise and a number of community outreach and public service programs. It is particularly well-known for its medical school, dental school, school of business, law school, communications school, nursing school, veterinary school, its social sciences and humanities programs, as well as its biomedical teaching and research capabilities.
|IELTS||Contact the university / college|
|TOEFL||Contact the university / college|
For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.
Courses available 10
Tuition and application fees
Contact the university / college
Estimated tuition fees as reported by the institution.
|Application fee (local students)||Contact the university / college|
|Application fee (international students)||Contact the university / college|
|Student visa fee (international students)||Contact the university / college|
Data not available per month
Average living cost in United States
The amount is indicated taking into account the average cost of food, accommodation, etc in United States for 2023
|Food||Data not available|
|Accommodation||Data not available|
|Others||Contact the university / college|
- Penn Home Ownership Services
- PHOS offers extensive resources and services to eligible employees interested in moving to the greater West Philadelphia neighborhood.
- Off-Campus Services
- Assistance and resources for Penn students, faculty, and staff who seek or currently occupy off-campus housing.
- Student Housing and Related Services
- Penn's College Houses provide supportive residential communities which enable undergraduate students to experience the University's intellectual variety and strengths outside the classroom.
- Temporary Housing
- Although reasonably priced short-term housing near campus is in very short supply, Off-Campus Services can provide listings of hostels, student residences, bed and breakfasts, and hotels in the area.
- Accommodations for Visitors
- A number of campus, Center City and airport hotels offer special rates for individuals or groups visiting Penn. The Inn at Penn, the Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel and Penn residence hall guest accommodations offer the most convenience for campus visitors.
- Penn Dining
- Penn Dining ensures the delivery of high-quality food at a variety of venues, each of which helps create a sense of community and comfort among faculty, staff, and students.
- Retail Dining on Campus
- In Partnership with Bon Appétit, Penn Dining oversees 10 retail establishments across campus, which include an array of cafés, markets, and grocers.
- Food Trucks and Carts
- Food vending is a Penn tradition that dates back to when the University was predominantly a commuter school. Today, vending activity around campus includes more than 90 trucks, carts, and tables selling a wide selection of foods.
- University Club
- Membership to the University Club, located in the Inn at Penn, is open to Penn faculty, staff, alumni, graduate students, emeritus faculty, and retired staff. Membership privileges include complimentary morning refreshments, access to a reasonably priced lunch buffet, and preferred discounts.
Penn's library began in 1750 with a donation of books from cartographer Louis Evans. The library system holds 6.01 million book and serial volumes with 4.21 million microform items. More than 250 years later, it has grown into a system of 15 libraries (13 are on the contiguous campus) with 400 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees and a total operating budget of above $48 million.
The University museum was founded in 1887, it has taken part in 400 research projects worldwide. The museum has three gallery floors with artifacts from Egypt, the Middle East, Mesoamerica, Asia, the Mediterranean, Africa, and indigenous artifacts of the Americas.
Pennsylvania campus located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. Philadelphia International Airport is located 7 miles/11 km from the University of Pennsylvania campus. Amtrak Station (30th Street Station) is 4 blocks from the University of Pennsylvania campus.
Large (More than 10,000)
|Undergraduate students||Contact the university / college|
|Postgraduate students||Contact the university / college|
|International students||Contact the university / college|