- 16 THE World University Rankings 2013-2014
- 16 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
- 13 QS World University Rankings 2014
- 13 QS World University Rankings 2013
- 18 QS World University Rankings 2015
- 17 THE World University Rankings 2015-2016
- 19 QS World University Rankings 2018
|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
|International students||Information not available|
About University of Pennsylvania
Penn's library began in 1750 with a donation of books from cartographer Louis Evans. The library system holds 6.01 million book and serial volumes with 4.21 million microform items. More than 250 years later, it has grown into a system of 15 libraries (13 are on the contiguous campus) with 400 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees and a total operating budget of above $48 million.
The University museum was founded in 1887, it has taken part in 400 research projects worldwide. The museum has three gallery floors with artifacts from Egypt, the Middle East, Mesoamerica, Asia, the Mediterranean, Africa, and indigenous artifacts of the Americas.
Pennsylvania campus located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. Philadelphia International Airport is located 7 miles/11 km from the University of Pennsylvania campus. Amtrak Station (30th Street Station) is 4 blocks from the University of Pennsylvania campus.
- Penn Home Ownership Services
- PHOS offers extensive resources and services to eligible employees interested in moving to the greater West Philadelphia neighborhood.
- Off-Campus Services
- Assistance and resources for Penn students, faculty, and staff who seek or currently occupy off-campus housing.
- Student Housing and Related Services
- Penn's College Houses provide supportive residential communities which enable undergraduate students to experience the University's intellectual variety and strengths outside the classroom.
- Temporary Housing
- Although reasonably priced short-term housing near campus is in very short supply, Off-Campus Services can provide listings of hostels, student residences, bed and breakfasts, and hotels in the area.
- Accommodations for Visitors
- A number of campus, Center City and airport hotels offer special rates for individuals or groups visiting Penn. The Inn at Penn, the Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel and Penn residence hall guest accommodations offer the most convenience for campus visitors.
- Penn Dining
- Penn Dining ensures the delivery of high-quality food at a variety of venues, each of which helps create a sense of community and comfort among faculty, staff, and students.
- Retail Dining on Campus
- In Partnership with Bon Appétit, Penn Dining oversees 10 retail establishments across campus, which include an array of cafés, markets, and grocers.
- Food Trucks and Carts
- Food vending is a Penn tradition that dates back to when the University was predominantly a commuter school. Today, vending activity around campus includes more than 90 trucks, carts, and tables selling a wide selection of foods.
- University Club
- Membership to the University Club, located in the Inn at Penn, is open to Penn faculty, staff, alumni, graduate students, emeritus faculty, and retired staff. Membership privileges include complimentary morning refreshments, access to a reasonably priced lunch buffet, and preferred discounts.
Courses available 10Applied and Pure Sciences 6 Computer Science and IT 2 Creative Arts & Design 1 Engineering 3 Humanities & Social Sciences 1
Be the first one!