|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Sweet Briar College
- The Book Shop is your on-campus source for Sweet Briar swag — sweatshirts, T-shirts, caps, mugs, decals, and many other ways to display your pink-and-green pride. The shop has a selection of books written by Sweet Briar faculty and alumnae, and also includes a gift boutique that carries, among other things, Lilly Pulitzer items, handbags, fashion clothing and — of course — fox- and horse-themed decor.
- Adjacent to the Book Shop, Daisy's Cafe is your very own Sweet Briar coffee shop, featuring Trager Brothers Coffee and specialty espresso drinks, as well as sandwiches and pastries.
- Located on the first floor of Prothro Hall and boasting four private dining areas, two larger dining rooms and an outdoor patio, Prothro Dining is the food hub on campus. Prothro serves breakfast, continental breakfast, lunch, brunch, light lunch and dinner ranging from favorite home-style entrées to global cuisine.
- Gymnasium Tennis Courts
- Fitness and Athletic Center
- The 53,000 square-foot FAC offers racquetball and squash courts, a spinning room and a multi-purpose event space in the Upchurch Field House. Upchurch is equipped to accommodate all Sweet Briar’s varsity sports. The floor is lined for field hockey, lacrosse, tennis, and soccer and an indoor batting cage as well as an elevated running track are also located in the field house.
- Babcock Athletic Fields
- The Babcock Athletic Fields are home to Vixen Soccer and Vixen Lacrosse. The facility features Bermuda turf and a contemporary re-design situates the field parallel to the grandstand. The game field is over-seeded with rye in the fall to provide healthy turf for the spring playing and practice seasons.
- Thayer Field
- Upchurch Field House is part of the new Fitness and Athletics Center. The design allows our prgrams to host indoor tennis, soccer, hockey, lacrosse, volleyball, and basketball. Upchurch also has an indoor batting cage for use by the Softball team.
- Williams Gymnasium
- Prothro Natatorium
- The Prothro Natatorium is home to SBC Swimming. The 25-meter facility features six competition lanes and ample deck space for home swim meets. A balcony with seating for spectators overlooks the pool.
Sweet Briar College is situated in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia about 10 miles from the Appalachian Trail and the Blue Ridge Parkway. The campus is on U.S. 29, 12 miles north of Lynchburg and 54 miles south of Charlottesville.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
The Kemper Street Train Station accommodates both the Crescent and Northeast Regional Amtrak lines, and the Greyhound bus line. Kemper Street Station is approximately 25 minutes from campus.
Lynchburg Regional Airport (LYH), also known as Preston Glenn Field, is a city-owned, public use airport located in Campbell County, Virginia, 5 nautical miles southwest of the central business district of Lynchburg. It is a quick 20-minute drive to campus.
To get around town, there are several car rental companies available, as well as taxi services. Avis, Budget, Hertz and National car rental companies have airport locations, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car has a location about 10 minutes from campus in Madison Heights.
Each residence hall room has the following standard accommodations:
- Cable television connection and Ethernet connections to the campus network
- Connection to the wireless internet network
- Smoke detector and sprinkler system
- Twin beds (standard, not extra long)
- Closets or standing wardrobes
- Desk chairs
- Heat and central air conditioning
Many rooms have ceiling fans. All residence halls have a television lounge and kitchen facilities that include a hall refridgerator, stove, and microwave. With the exception of Reid Hall, all residence halls have an elevator.
- Carson Residence Hall
- Dew Residence Hall
- Grammer Residence Hall
- Manson Residence Hall
- Meta Glass Residence Hall
- Randolph Residence Hall
- Reid Residence Hall
- Patteson House: upper-class facility located away from the traditional residence halls
- Green Village: the newest residential option on campus and is located away from the traditional residence halls, near the Art Barn.
- Turning Point Student Housing
Items to leave at home:
- Grills (charcoal and propane)
- Halogen lamps
- Pets (other than fish and turtles)
- Telephone/answering machine
Courses available 10Accounting & Finance 1 Applied, Pure Sciences 3 Business, Management 1 Creative Arts & Design 1 Engineering 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 3
Be the first one!