|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Marquette University
Alumni Memorial Union (AMU), the student union, is at the center of campus. The five-story brick building, completed in 1990, contains a ballroom for 800 guests, offices for student organizations, a coffee shop called "Brew Bayou", the university's information center, a post office, a branch US Bank, a game room, a cafeteria, and the campus gift shop. An adjacent auditorium is connected to the AMU by a covered promenade. Also part of the AMU is the Chapel of the Holy Family, which holds a student Mass each Sunday night.
Gesu Church, completed in 1894, is considered the spiritual center of the campus. The Jesuit parish was designed by architect Henry C. Koch in the Gothic art style. Student-organized Masses are held each Sunday in Gesu Church, along with the annual Mass of the Holy Spirit, a traditional celebration at many Jesuit education institutions to begin the school year.
The Patrick and Beatrice Haggerty Museum of Art features more than 8,000 works from the old masters to contemporary art works from such artists as Salvador Dalí, Marc Chagall, Keith Haring and Roberto Matta.
Eckstein Hall, completed in 2010, is the new home of Marquette's law school. In addition to classrooms and faculty offices, the law school has a four-story "library without borders," two mock court rooms, a cafeteria, a workout facility, a conference center, and a small parking structure.
Sensenbrenner Hall previously housed the law school. One of the oldest buildings on campus, it is known for its stained-glass windows and traditional design, especially in the Howard B. Eisenberg Memorial Hall. Marquette's law library, which featured contrasting modern architecture, was located next to Sensenbrenner Hall. In 2010, the Law School moved into Eckstein Hall.
Johnston Hall houses the J. William & Mary Diederich College of Communications. The now ivy-covered building once featured an observatory for astronomy students. Student Media is located in Johnston Hall.
Marquette Hall, built in 1924, is the four-story building that originally served as Marquette's Science Building with offices, classrooms and labs. Marquette Hall was the home to several offices, including Undergraduate Admissions until they moved to their new location in the newly completed Zilber Hall. The four-story building contains three lecture halls with 300 seats each. In the tower of Marquette Hall is the university carillon, a set of 48 bells that are played every Wednesday and for special events.
Marquette School of Dentistry building houses Wisconsin's only dental school. Completed in 2002, the building holds pre-clinical labs, classrooms, and a community dental clinic.
The Al McGuire Center, named for the legendary Marquette basketball coach, was opened in 2004 and is home to the women's volleyball and basketball teams and serves as the practice facility and administrative offices for the men's basketball team.
The John P. Raynor, S.J. Library, completed in 2003, is named for one of Marquette's former presidents. The library contains many of J. R. R. Tolkien's original manuscripts, and serves as one of the main study areas on campus.
The St. Joan of Arc Chapel is the only medieval chapel in the Western Hemisphere. Originally built in France in the 15th century, the Chapel was donated to the university by Mr. and Mrs. Marc Rojtman in 1964.
The Union Sports Annex is a hangout for students, especially during men's basketball season.
Valley Fields, used for men's and women's soccer, men's and women's track and field, and club athletics.
Zilber Hall is the Student Services building. It stands on the former site of the 1212 Building and Parent's Park and spans the entire 1200 block of West Wisconsin Avenue. Completed in late fall 2009, Zilber Hall houses the Office of Student Financial Aid, the Office of the Bursar, the Office of the Registrar, and the Office of Admissions.
Marquette is located on a 93-acre (38 ha) campus in the near downtown Milwaukee neighborhood of University Hill, on the former Wisconsin State Fairgrounds.
Marquette's residence halls supply more than just food and shelter. The dynamic staff, specialized facilities and tailored programs make each residence hall a unique, comfortable, safe environment. Our specialty housing options guarantee that any special needs can be met.
- Abbottsford Hall
- Carpenter Tower
- Cobeen Hall
- Mashuda Hall
- McCabe Hall
- McCormick Hall
- Schroeder Hall
- Straz Tower
The University Apartments, owned and operated by Marquette, invite you to take a closer look. Here are just a few of the amenities and services we provide:
- Convenient location on Marquette's campus
- Flexible length leases: Rent for a semester or an academic or full year
- Ability to pay your rent on your university bursar account
- Internet access and basic cable included in rent
- Positive communities with opportunities for leadership and involvement
- Fast, reliable maintenance
- 24-hour building surveillance and security
- A landlord you can trust
The following amenities are included in rent costs for all university-owned apartments:
- Basic cable (approximately 90 channels)
- High-speed Internet
- Most utilities (tenants pay electricity in Campus Town, Gilman and Frenn)
- Laundry facilities are available in all buildings except the Frenn Building. Humphrey and East Phase V laundry rooms accept MarquetteCash.
Courses available 10Accounting and Finance 1 Applied and Pure Sciences 2 Business and Management 2 Computer Science and IT 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 2 Mass Communication & Media 3
Be the first one!