|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Madonna University
- Facilities: A testament to the University’s reverence for creation, the Franciscan Center for Science and Media achieved Gold status for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, first in Livonia. A showcase of sustainability, this gorgeous green building houses state-of-the-art television studios and science labs.
- Technology: Technology permeates Madonna’s campus in smart classrooms, all-digital editing suites, mobile learning tools, social networking, and electronic signage.
- Nursing: Since the nursing program’s founding in 1962, more than 4,000 nurses across the country call Madonna University their alma mater. 98 percent of students are employed within one year of graduating. The nursing simulation labs transform nursing education, bridging theory and practice in patient care.
- Sign Language Studies: The new larger lab provides double the workstations for students practicing and preparing portfolios. Currently a state interpreter test site, Madonna is poised to become a national test center.
- Support services: A student to faculty ratio of 12:1, ensures personal attention in small classes. Hundreds of students receive additional tutoring through the Center for Personalized Instruction, Writing Center and Office of Disability Resources.
- Educational access: True to its mission of making a college education accessible, Madonna has outreach centers in Gaylord, Macomb and southwest Detroit, where the underserved and disadvantaged attend classes.
- Affordable: More than 80 percent of the student body receives scholarships and grants.
- Teacher education: Madonna’s teacher education program has earned exemplary status from the Michigan Department of Education since the inception of state rankings. Madonna graduates enjoy a passing rate of more than 90 percent on the certification test taken on the first try.
- Unique programs: Madonna University pioneered such programs as sign language studies (first bachelor’s degree in the country) and hospice education (only formal program of its kind in the U.S. at the bachelor’s and master’s level.) Other notable programs include: gerontology, now aging studies (the first and only independent department of gerontology at a Michigan university), broadcast and cinema arts, sport management, emergency management, clinical laboratory science, forensic science, and environmental science.
- Community engagement: Students at Madonna incorporate community service with civic learning to gain experiences beyond the classroom, volunteering more than 27,000 hours each year from Detroit to South Carolina to Latin America. Madonna was the first private university in Michigan to be awarded the Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The University has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll since 2006.
- International outreach: In addition to study abroad opportunities, Madonna offers thriving business degree programs in China and Dubai, and boasts the first distance learning degree completion program in business leadership in Haiti.
- Student success: Student achievement is recognized locally and nationally with awards from the American Red Cross, Michigan Campus Compact, the State Dept. of Education, and others. Madonna alumni compose a veritable “who’s who” of authors, business owners, executives, religious leaders, doctors, lawyers, hospital and school administrators, fire chiefs, police chiefs (more than 80), nurses, artists and teachers.
- Scholar-athletes: An NAIA Champions of Character athletics program features 11 men’s and women’s sports. The Crusaders have accrued 77 conference championships, made 28 NAIA national tournaments and 3 NAIA Final Four appearances, and had 202 students achieve All-time NAIA National Scholar Athlete honors. The new athletic complex is home to the soccer, softball, and baseball programs.
Madonna University has 6 campuses which are located at Livonia, Gaylord, Macomb, Southwest Detroit, Dubai and China.
Our recently renovated Residence Hall features a sink in every room, and each floor has a kitchenette with microwave and refrigerator. Students enjoy relaxing, playing pool, or watching TV in the lakeside Lounge or studying together in the large study area. Affordable laundry facilities are available on the ground floor.
Room Rates for 2016-2017:
- Private Room (Single) - $3,875
- Semi-Private (Double) - $2,300
- Quad - $2,600
Courses available 10Accounting & Finance 1 Applied, Pure Sciences 1 Business, Management 1 Computer Science, IT 1 Creative Arts & Design 3 Humanities & Social Sciences 1 Law 1 Mass Communication & Media 1
Be the first one!