January March September
Total tuition fee (local)
Contact the university / college
Total tuition fee (foreign)
- All applicants take either the SAT or ACT as well as two subject tests. (While international students who live in countries where the SAT and ACT are unavailable are not required to complete these requirements, the majority of successful applications to Dartmouth include completed testing.)
- If your native language is not English, OR if you attend schools where English is not the primary language of instruction, we recommend that you take either the TOEFL or IELTS English-language test.
- An applicant’s financial need is taken into consideration as one of many factors, including academic achievement, extracurricular endeavors and community context, during our admissions process.
- Acquire a foundation in biology in order to understand and evaluate a broad spectrum of biological information; for example, information presented in the media and relevant to public policy decisions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding within a biological area of concentration, designed in consultation with faculty to meet the student’s educational and career goals. Such depth will allow students to understand and critically evaluate current scientific literature in one or more areas of biology.
- Understand research methods and approaches currently used in the life sciences through coursework and through an independent research project under the supervision of a Dartmouth faculty member.
- Develop critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Develop written and oral communication skills, allowing for accurate communication of biology information to scientists and non-scientists.