|Campus setting||Contact the university / college|
|Living cost||Contact the university / college|
|Student population||Contact the university / college|
About Raffles International College Bangkok
Bangkok is a relaxing and low cost city to live in. Comparing a city with this kind of magnitude, its consumer price index is one of the lowest in Asia. As a summary, Raffles Bangkok gives added advantage by providing:
- A safe and comfortable life with its modern and well-equipped infrastructure
- Gracious and accommodating people
- Creative environment
- Internationally recognized fashion city
- Great mix of multinational students and residents
- Low cost of living
The multimedia laboratories include a variety of PCs and Macs, a wide range of software packages as well as full access to the Internet. With a sophisticated backup system and internet connectivity, all staffs and lecturers can also access their personal computer from the comfort of their home 24 hours 7 days a week. Each classroom is equipped with a multimedia podium that consists of LCD projectors, audio cassette recorder, VHS player/recorder, desktop PC and white screen. The staff can assist the students in setting up the computer projection, orient them on how to use the multimedia equipment and will help in any problems with any equipment in the classroom.
Besides the academic classrooms, the campus includes designer's drafting rooms, multimedia laboratories, sewing rooms, internet café, café facilities, student's private locker, an auditorium, a product design workshop and a library. The campus offers up-to-date technology, the whole campus is connected with local area network and wireless network thus students are able to use free Internet service without any limit. The culturally-diverse students and lecturers provide an international environment and understanding in today's globalized economy.
The Raffles Campus is unique with its convenient location in Silom, Bangkok's financial district. It is easily accessible via the subway (MRT-Silom station) or skytrain (BTS-Saladaeng station). Silom Center is just a 3 minutes walk from both stations.
- Transit System: Trains come by every five minutes in peak times (07:00 - 09:00, 16:00 - 19:00) and every seven minutes at other times, it is easily the most preferred choice.
- Bus: Public buses are plentiful and cheap, with a minimum fare of 7 baht to most destinations within metropolitan Bangkok. Air-conditioned buses have minimum and maximum fares of 11 and 24 baht, respectively.
- Taxi: Taxis are metered, with minimum fare of 35 baht and charged by distance and waiting time. Another option is motorbike taxis. They're fast and efficient, but not for everyone.
- Tuk-tuk: The fare for tuk-tuks and motocys is negotiable between passenger and driver
The campus does not provide accommodation for its students. However, there are plenty of studio apartments or 1 bedroom apartments that cater for 1 person's stay. Most of them are well equipped with security cards and CCTV, are situated near subway or skytrain stations and are clean. making them convenient and comfortable for students to live in. Costs of living in Bagkok varies according to individual preferences. It is recommended to budget THB16,000 per month for living expenses which includes:
- Accomodation: THB 7,000
- Meals: THB 6,000
- Transport: THB 1,500
- Utilities (electric, water, telephone): THB 1,500
Courses available 10Accounting & Finance 1 Business, Management 4 Creative Arts & Design 4 English Language 1 Hotel Management & Hospitality 2 Mass Communication & Media 1
Be the first one!