About this course
Open the door to tertiary education and a possible nursing career with this programme. Specially designed for mature students who haven’t recently studied at tertiary level, the certificate aims to develop confidence and help students prepare to apply for the Bachelor of Nursing or other health related options.
Applicants under 20 years of age
- A minimum of 40 credits at NCEA level 2 across four subjects including a minimum of 12 credits at NCEA level 2 in English (or equivalent).
Applicants 20 years of age and over
- There are no minimum academic requirements.
- All applicants will be invited to attend an interview where their suitability to undertake this programme will be considered.
- This programme prepares people for application to the Bachelor of Nursing and any other nursing degree programme. Direct entry to the Bachelor of Nursing is not guaranteed.
English Language Requirements
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall Academic score of at least 5.5 issued within the last two years with no less than 5.5 in any band.
- Or an equivalent qualification.