- 38.4 2015 U.S.News Ranking: Europe
- 201 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
- 202 QS World University Rankings 2014
- 164 THE World University Rankings 2015-2016
- 156 QS World University Rankings 2015
|Living cost||USD 359 per month|
|Student population||Small (1,000 or less)|
About University of Reading Malaysia
EduCity@Iskandar Malaysia Campus
Our campus on EduCity@Iskandar offers an architecturally stunning environment designed to provide students with everything they need to make the most of their time at university. Its breathtaking design was shortlisted for a World Architecture Festival award in 2013.
Made up of two buildings linked by a central parkland area (the “Heartspace”), the campus is an integrated, self-contained site that combines flexible teaching, research, learning, and social spaces.
- The building covers an area of 27,000 square meters on a 15-acre site
- Flexible research, teaching and learning spaces also include a large lecture theatre
- Cutting edge teaching and research laboratories
- A Building Information Modelling lounge for our School of Built Environment
- The state-of-the-art financial dealing room provides students with a unique learning experience. Students have access to trader, one of the most sophisticated trading simulation systems. The system is simulated to trade equity, foreign currency, and derivatives in the US and UK markets. Students get the experience of being at a trading desk, working under pressure with sharp and sudden movements in share prices. Students develop their ability to think quickly, assess risk, examine options, and remain calm under pressure.
- A purpose-built moot court to enable experiential learning in our Law Programme
- Free, high-speed WiFi across the campus
- Dedicated student association space
- Muslim prayer room.
UoRM is situated in one of the most popular student destinations in the world. Johor Bahru has a wonderfully diverse culture and is also the fastest developing city in Malaysia.
It is located in the rapidly growing development region of Iskandar Malaysia, in the state of Johor in the southern part of Peninsular Malaysia. By 2025, the aim is for Iskandar to be an ultramodern ‘smart’ metropolis of three million people, offering green energy, vibrant neighborhoods, and first-class transportation systems.
UoRM is committed to playing a key role in this visionary project.
The Student Village at Iskandar Malaysia EduCity is located just 20 minutes away from downtown Johor Bahru, 40 minutes away from Changi International Airport, Singapore, and is just a 10-minute walk (3-minute drive) from our main campus. Furthermore, the student village is a vicinity that’s secured with CCTV surveillance and a security guard post.
This accommodation building comprises 444 beds for single students (hostel-type accommodation) and 60 units of apartments for students and staff which have 202 beds. All options include air-con:
- Single bedroom with bathroom en suite (RM950 p/month)
- Twin-sharing bedroom with bathroom en suite (RM750 p/month)
- 4-bed and 5-bed accommodation with a shared bathroom (RM500 & RM650 p/month)
- Single Apartment
- 2 Rooms Apartment (each room comes attached with a bathroom)
- 3 Rooms Apartment (each room comes attached with a bathroom)
A host of shared facilities at the Student Village include:
- Cafeteria on the ground floor
- Kitchenettes on every floor
- Launderette (Coin Operated Machine)
- Iskandar Malaysia Bus (IM Bus) routes to nearby shops, places of interest and Johor Bahru city
- Prayer rooms
- Common room space for socializing which includes Study Area and TV Room
- Internet access - Wi-Fi connections
- Bus stop for buses into Singapore
- Roof Garden
- Basketball Court
- Educity Sports complex
- Educity Student Hub
Alternative accommodation is available at EcoNest Residence and is located 0.5KM away from the campus. Students can apply for a room and special rates are available to students of UoRM beginning from RM900.
- WiFi and utilities included in accommodation fees
- Bed (including mattress)
- Study desk and chair
- Table lamp
- Waste paper basket
A prearranged shuttle service will take students from the Student Village/EcoNest Residence to the campus premises.
University of Reading Malaysia (UoRM) is offering students the “BEST OF BOTH WORLDS” – a world-class degree at an affordable price, delivered at a location that is convenient to them.
The launch of UoRM demonstrates how far we’ve come in the last 150 years and where we want to go in the future.
Our courses match the high standards set by their UK equivalents and involve some of our strongest academic areas – Business, Finance, Psychology, Law, Real Estate, and Quantity Surveying.
Uniquely, we guarantee students the opportunity to study part of their course in the UK, making getting a UK degree more FLEXIBLE, ACCESSIBLE, and AFFORDABLE than ever before.
UoRM provides students with a world-class education at approximately half the cost of international student fees in the UK.
University of Reading students from the UK are also given the chance to study at UoRM, enabling even greater international collaboration and enhancing the teaching and learning experience for all.
OUR TEACHING AND RESEARCH
Students are taught by leading international academic staff and have the same top-quality learning experience as in the UK. We have high academic standards and expectations and offer an up-to-date and innovative approach to teaching, designed to get the best results and ensure that our graduates excel in their chosen careers.
As a research-led university, we base our teaching on the most up-to-date research evidence, and our academic staff are experts in their fields. We offer students world-class learning resources and one-to-one teaching and support. Research-led learning is embedded in each program across all levels.
All UoRM students will be required to undertake a placement as part of their program. International experience is encouraged to increase global employability and engender a greater understanding of different cultures.