About this course
The MBA (Services Management) programme prepares graduates to be service-oriented managers who provide managerial leadership and develop logical, critical, and creative solutions to problems faced by organisations in the services industry.
- To enable graduates to articulate and apply relevant theories and adopt the principles and best practices relevant to their organisation.
- To enable graduates to perform as service-oriented managers who adopt customer and supplier relationship management skills when performing value added processes with effective communication skills.
- To enable graduates to formulate, communicate, and implement strategic thinking processes involving cross-cultural communication and sensitivity to the needs of different cultures.
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge in the areas of services management for both localised setting and international environment.
- Ability to demonstrate relevant expertise and skills to provide leadership in services industry.
- Ability to engage in strategic and critical thinking with analytical, evaluative, and problem solving skills when making business decisions.
- Ability to engage in effective cross-cultural communication skills and sensitive to social responsibility in a multicultural setting.
- Ability to articulate ethical issues in services management as well as to provide leadership in social responsibility.
- Ability to lead and engage in lifelong learning at individual, group, and institutional levels.
- Ability to acquire creative and innovative ideas to initiate enterprising activities or projects.
- A Bachelor's degree with honours from UNIRAZAK or its equivalent from an institution of higher learning recognised by the Malaysian government. Applicants for executive and taught postgraduate programmes should normally have a minimum CGPA of 2.75 but candidates with a Bachelor's degree whose CGPA is below the minimum requirement of 2 years of relevant working experience in respective fields can be considered.
- A minimum score of 575 for a paper-based total or 232 for a computer-based total or 90 for an Internet based total for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)*; or
- A minimum score of Band 6.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)*; or
- A minimum required proficiency on UNIRAZAK Postgraduate English Proficiency Test; or
- A recognised first degree undertaken in English medium; or
- Successful completion of Intensive English Programme (IEP) at the Advanced level conducted by the Centre for English Language (CEL).
- Managerial Accounting
- Business Economics
- Financial Management
- Organisational Management
- Managerial Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Competitive Strategic Management
- Marketing Management
- Quantitative Techniques and Decision Making
- Organisational Behaviour
- Managing Quality Services
- Customer Relationship Management
- Services Marketing
- Financial Services Management
- Hotel Management
- Airline and Ticket Management
- Tourism Marketing
- Strategic Brand Management
- Business Law
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Research Methodology / Case Research Methods
- Research Project