About this course
The Master of Business Administration offers an integrated set of learning opportunities for students interested in mastering the skills and knowledge necessary for effectively participating in and managing modern organizations. The MBA programme prepares graduates to be business managers with managerial knowledge and skills that bring value to the organization. For this reason, UNIRAZAK students will get more value in their MBA, as they can choose one specialized major from the 12 specialized major selections that are relevant to the industry or their job incumbent, to help curate their own areas of expertise in any professional pathway they wish to advance.
The 12 areas of expertise or specializations which students can choose as their major for their MBA are:
- Business Analytics
- Financial Technology
- Investment and Financial Planning
- Risk Management
- International Business
- Global Islamic Finance and Banking
- Project Management
- Human Resources
The Master of Business Administration program has three overall educational objectives:
- To produce graduates with good organizational communication skills, decision making, critical and analytical skills;
- Graduating students will have an integrated knowledge of and demonstrated ability to perform as management professionals. Further, they will be prepared for continued learning throughout their career;
- Students will have the positive perspectives and skills that create productive managerial leaders; and
- To produce graduates who are equipped with business knowledge and expertise to manage effectively and ethically business organizations.
- Students graduating from the MBA program are able to identify and assess challenges and opportunities;
- Students graduating from the MBA program are academically prepared for a managerial career;
- Alumni are successful in their internal organizational endeavors or in other advanced studies;
- Students graduating from the MBA program have the necessary attitudes and skills to become more productive employees, and to continue learning;
- Students graduating from the MBA program can communicate effectively; and
- Graduates of the MBA program become managerial leaders in a variety of organizations.
- A bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, as accepted by the University Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50 can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
- APEL ( Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning). For more information, please click here
All applicants are required to attain any of the followings before they are accepted for admission into the programme:
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)*; or
- A minimum score of 550 for a paper-based total or 80 for an Internet based total for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)*; or
- A minimum of Grade C in First Cambridge English (FCE) minimum scale 169, or B2 in CEFR, or Pearson Test of English (PTE 50-58) as required proficiency; or
- A recognized first degree undertaken in English medium; or
- Successful attainment of FCE minimum of Grade C (169) conducted by the Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) within 1-6 months from the date of entry with conditional offer letter.
Note: The validity period for IELTS and TOEFL is two years from the date awarded.
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Business Economics
- Quantitative Techniques and Decision Making
- Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Research Methodology OR
- Case Research Methods
- Competitive Strategic Management
- Research Project