About this course
UCSI University’s Foundation in Music is specifically tailored and designed to prepare post-SPM students for UCSI University’s degrees in Classical and Contemporary Music. The three semesters foundation programme includes music core courses as well as general electives for students to choose from. Successful completion of the foundation programme will satisfy all entry requirements and allow for direct entry to the music degree programme outlined here.
- SPM/O-Levels: Min 5 credits
- UEC (Commerce / Science stream): Min 4 credits
- 11 years education: Min Average 60%
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level; or MUET Band 5; or a score of 213 (computer-based) / 550 (writing-based) / 80 (internet-based) in TOEFL; or Band 5.5 in IELTS.
- In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.