About this course
This programme equips students with the knowledge in physics and instrumentations, and operational technical skill, which would lay the foundation for applications in various industrial areas. Students will go through training in the applications of physics and instrumentations, computer simulations, designing virtual instruments using Labview and handling advanced equipment such as thermal evaporator and atomic force microscope. This programme would lay the foundation for future applied physics innovators in material sciences, instrumentations, biomedical and healthcare equipment designers.
Academically, this programme has adequate coverage in its core physics contents, and graduates are well prepared to continue their post-graduate studies in physics, locally or overseas. Additionally, they can also pursue post-graduate studies in cross-disciplinary fields such as nanoscience, biophysics, chemical physics, medical physics, and geophysics.
Industries employing physicists are varied:
- Aerospace and defence
- Oil and gas
- Science and telecommunications
(1) STPM - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects which must include Physics
(2) A Level - Grade D in 2 relevant subjects which must include Physics
(3) UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Physics
(4) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation/ Diploma accredited by MQA
(5) TAR UC - Foundation in Science (Track A)
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include-
i)SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass) in Mathematics#/ UEC Grade C in one mathematics subject#
ii)SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC.
#Grade C and above in AMMS0104 General Mathematics conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the Mathematics requirement for applicants who fail the required mathematics subject at SPM/O Level/UEC.
a) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Bachelor Degree.
b) TAR UC Diploma will be accepted on credit transfer into Bachelor Degree programmes.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Subject to the Ministry of Higher Education latest requirements.
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Thermodynamics and Optics
- Thermal and Statistical Physics
- Mechanics and Waves
- Data Acquisition and Instrument Interfacing
- Quantum Mechanics
- Solid State Physics
- Circuit Theory
- Electronics Laboratory
- Introduction to Microcontrollers
- Programming Concepts
- Virtual Instrumentation
- Control Principles for Instrumentation
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- Scientific Instrumentation
- Sensors and Actuators
- Algebra and Calculus
- Mathematics for Science
- Public Speaking
- Industrial Training
- Materials Science
- Applied Electromagnetism
- Mathematics for Science III
- Classical Mechanics
- Photonics and Laser Physics
- Finite Element Method
- Physics of Semiconductor Devices
- Special Relativity
- Internet of Thing
- Energy Science