About this course
This programme educates and trains knowledgeable personnel to join the nation’s work force with the direct focus to make Malaysia an innovative high income society. Students will be trained for careers in semiconductors, IC design, embedded systems and computing which are important knowledge/ skills to support the electrical & electronics sectors.
The curriculum of this programme has been designed to meet the demands of the Malaysian Economic Transformation Programme (ETP). Students are trained in analogue and digital electronics, Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC), field programmable array (FPGA) and IC design using current professional tools. These knowledge and skills will be important to meet the demand of fabless design firms under the ETP. To complement the microelectronics content of the programme, students are also trained in embedded systems design using current microcontrollers (ARM/PIC) as well as real time operating systems (RTOS) with emphasis on effcient programming techniques.
Graduates will be sought after by design houses/companies in IC design and fabrication, automation, robotics, identifcation and monitoring, test and measurement, and consumer electronics.
NOTE: This programme is a Bachelor of Science Degree, not a Bachelor of Engineering Degree.
(1) STPM - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(2) A Level - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(3) SAM - ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one mathematics subject
(4) UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
(5) TAR UC - Foundation in Computing (Track B) OR Diploma in Science (Internet Technology) (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^
(6) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation accredited by MQA / relevant Diploma (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^ accredited by MQA
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Credit in Mathematics/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics / UEC Grade B in one mathematics subject
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
^ Graduates with CGPA 2.0001 - 2.4999 are required to sit and pass a Qualifying Test.
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC level.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have a t least a past in Sejarah.
- Circuit Theory
- Analogue Electronics I
- Analogue Electronics II
- Digital Logic Principles
- Programming Concepts
- Algebra and Calculus
- Mathematics for Science I
- Mathematics for Science II
- Introduction to Microcontrollers
- Introduction to IC Layout and Fabrication
- Digital System Design
- C Language Programming for Microcontrollers
- Test Driven Development
- Semiconductor Devices
- ASIC and FPGA Design
- Microcontroller Peripherals
- Algorithms & Data Structure
- RTOS for Embedded Systems
- Agile Software Development
- Integrated Circuit Design
- Control Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Industrial Training
Electives (Choose 2):
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Power Electronics
- Virtual Instrumentation
- Data Communication (TCP/IP)
- Data Acquisition and Instrument Interfacing
- GUI Pogramming
- Analogue Integrated Circuit Design
- Introduction to Short Story
- Music Appreciation
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
English Language, English for Communication, Tamadun Islam dan Asia, Hubungan Etnik, Contemporary Malaysian Issues, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, Public Speaking, English for the Profession, Entrepreneurship, Co-curricular