About this course
Mechatronics is a multidisciplinary field of engineering which includes Mechanical, Electronic, Control, Networking and Software. The design, development and control of diverse system are used in a wide range of industries which includes automated and production systems, medical instruments, robotics, automotive subsystems such as anti-lock braking systems and electrical appliances. Graduates are therefore involved in almost every possible industry at applications level, development level, manufacturing level and advanced research level.
(1) STPM - Grade C in Physics and one mathematics subject
(2) A Level - Grade D in Physics and Mathematics
(3) UEC - 5 Grade B in the relevant subjects which must include Physics and one mathematics subject
(4) TAR UC - Foundation in Engineering OR Relevant Diploma
(5) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation/ Diploma accredited by MQA
(1), (2), (3) and (5) must include SPM Credit/O Level Grade C/UEC Grade B in English Language and Bahasa Melayu/Malay Language
a) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Bachelor Degree.
b) TAR UC Diploma will be accepted on credit transfer into Bachelor Degree programmes.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Information is correct at the point of printing. Subject to the Ministry of Education latest requirements.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Mechanics / Theory of Machines
- Engineering Drawing & CADD
- Programming for Engineers
- Engineering Materials
- Thermodynamics / Heat Transfer
- Electrical Circuit and Electrical Machines
- Strength of Materials
- Basic Electronics / Power Electronics and Drives
- Control Systems Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Computer-Aided Engineering / Finite Element Analysis
- Industrial Control & Automation / Automation System Design
- Digital & Analogue Electronics / Digital Signal Processing
- Microprocessor Systems
- Embedded Systems Engineering
- Measurement & Instrumentation
- CNC, Robotics Technology / Robotic Systems & Design
- Exergy & Renewable Energy
- Engineer and Society / Engineering Management / Communication for Engineers
- Networking Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Project Management & Finance
- Project & Dissertation
- Industrial Training
- Capstone Project