About this course
Limkokwing’s Foundation in Design offers you a broad and comprehensible body of knowledge in the area of Multimedia, Art, and Design. Harness your creative and problem-solving skills as young artists to create innovative, cost-efficient, and green engineering solutions to better the world. Visualise ideas using different media and gain experience in developing your practical skills, 2D and 3D design, and research. Enrol now and embark on exciting careers as Industrial Designers, Interior Designers or Graphic Designers.
The Foundation in Design is a one-year programme which provides the essential preparation for entry into our Degree programmes in Art, Design and Multimedia. The programme focuses on building creative thinking, research and drawing skills. Students learn how to visualise ideas using different media and develop practical skills in two and three dimensions, exploring issues of space, structure, surface, texture and colour. They experience and experiment across all areas of art and design, and later concentrate on their chosen field.
This programme aims to instill:
- The elements and principles of design
- The skills and techniques of drawing
- Creative thinking and problem solving techniques
- The ability to carry out primary and secondary research
- The ability to communicate ideas visually and orally
Students of the foundation programme will enter a stream related to their studies as they proceed to their degree programme. They won’t have to study subjects unrelated to their planned career line. Key focus for all foundation programmes is to develop ICT and creative skills.
The foundation programme relies on intensive English training that is applied through communication modules. Native English speakers can spend more time on professional writing, reporting, creative writing, etc.
- 1. Passed SPM / SPMV with 5 credits in any subjects OR
- 2. Pass UEC with a minimum of grade B in 3 subjects OR
- 3. Pass O-Level with a minimum of grade C in 5 subjects OR
- 4. Any other equivalent qualifications that is recognised by the Government of Malaysia.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Communication Studies||2-Dimensional Design|
|Creative Studies 1||Figure Drawing|
|Design Fundamentals||Creative Technologies|
|Drawing Fundamentals||Eastern Art|
|Analytical Drawing||Colour Studies|
|Bahasa Kebangsaan A/B*||Malaysian Studies*|
|Communication Studies 2|
|Advanced Colour Studies|
|History of Art|
|Moral Studies/Islamic Studies*|