About this course
As new creative and innovative ways to communicate an idea, product or service proliferate, there is a greater demand for graphic designers in the graphic design and advertising industry.
The Diploma in Graphic Design Technology programme is a comprehensive course designed to provide the relevant skills through knowledge and research, and apply them to design solutions for industry-related projects. Our graduates are versatile, industry savvy, multi-skilled individuals who are trained to succeed in the exciting glamorous world of advertising and graphic design.
Students are exposed to a wide range of graphics and visual techniques. This broad exposure enables students to specialise in a particular discipline such as illustration, photography, advertising and multimedia. Upon completion of semester 5 they will have the added advantage of 8 weeks of internship training in the industry during the semester break.
Students will also be able to develop effective strategies for goal setting, time management and execute design concepts to a professional standard. They will be the new generation of highly skilled creative and innovative global workforce!
1. Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM/O-Level) or its equivalent with a minimum of five credits including Bahasa Melayu OR
2. Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or its equivalent with minimum of three credits with a Pass in Bahasa Melayu and two years of working experience in a related area / field OR
3. Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or its equivalent with minimum of one credit and a Pass in Bahasa Melayu) and a skill certificate in Art and Design at level 3 Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) OR
4. Equivalent qualification and / or experience which is recognized by the Senate / institution. AND A pass in an interview and a drawing test.
5. English Proficiency Requirement for International student
IELTS 4.0 OR TOEFL iBT 30-31 OR PBT 397 OR CAE 154(Cambridge Advance English) OR CPE 154(Cambridge Proficiency English) OR CFE 142-146(Cambridge First English) OR PTE 30(Pearson Test of English Academic) OR MUET Band 2
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Communication Studies 1||Communication Studies 2|
|Creative Studies 1||Design Studies 2|
|Analytical Drawing||Creative Studies 2|
|Life Drawing 1||History of Art|
|Design Studies 1||Life Drawing 2|
|Moral/Islamic Studies*||Photographic Studies 1|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Communication Studies 3||Computer Graphics 2|
|Design Studies 3||Design Studies 4|
|Design History||Photography Studies 3|
|Computer Graphics 1||Sociology and Design|
|Photography Studies 2||Illustration 1|
|Bahasa Kebangsaan A/B*|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Professional Studies||Advertising 2|
|Major Project 1||Photography 2|
|Advertising 1||Illustration 3|
|Photography 1||Multimedia 2|
|Illustration 2||Major Project 2|
|Multimedia 1||Industrial Placement|