|Living cost||USD 1,121 per month|
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
About Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT)
- GMIT libraries provide a wide range of services and facilities to support learning, teaching and research in the Institute.
- Resources include:
- 130,000 books
- 80,000 e-books
- 500 print journals
- Access to over 30,000 online journal articles
- 1,306 DVDs
- 186 audio books
- The Food Zone is a canteen which specialises in providing fresh, and where possible locally sourced, breakfast, lunch and evening meals up to 7.30pm. This includes:
- Self-service cooked breakfasts
- Choice of hot main courses including carvery, fresh fish and vegetarian options
- Healthy fruit and granola bar
- Homemade scones
- Fresh baked pastries and muffins
- Ready-made and made-to-order sandwiches, wraps and paninis
- Homemade soups
- Extensive salad bar
- Coffees/teas, water, minerals
- Snacks, desserts and fresh fruit
- The Espresso Bar is a quick grab 'n' go cafe in the canteen, designed to offer a speedy service for those in a rush. Offerings include:
- Barista coffee service
- Speciality bean to cup coffee
- Tea, minerals, juices and soup
- Pastries, scones, fruit and chocolate bars
- Pre-made sandwiches
- Newspapers and ice-cream
- The Cafe Foyer, overlooking Galway Bay, is the ideal area to relax and read the paper over a cup of coffee, or to grab a quick snack. Items include:
- Speciality bean to cup coffee
- Tea, minerals, juices, and soup
- Pastries, scones, pre-made sandwiches, fruit and chocolate bars
- There are 42 designated IT laboratories and approximately 1,100 PCs available for students across the Institute.
- GMIT uses Moodle as its learning management system which allows students and staff to view course information including lecture notes and assignments online.
- GMIT Sports Hall offer the followiung facilities to students:
- Full sized basketball court with electronic score board
- Four badminton courts
- Full sized volleyball court for games
- Two volleyball training courts
- Indoor cricket court
- Indoor soccer
- A permit system is in operation in the Galway and Mayo campuses, whilst an open access parking system applies in each of the other campuses.
- Full banking facilities are available in the Galway campus and Mayo campus during term time.
- The Students' Union operates a shop on the Galway campus where students can buy newspapers at a discounted price, stationery and refreshments.
Galway Campus is the largest of GMIT's five campuses and is the administrative headquarters.
- Located on the Dublin Road in Galway City and overlooks Galway Bay.
- One of Galway City's iconic landmarks, due to the distinctive three sail-shaped copper panels at the front of the main building. This unique design helps identify the Institute as an innovator in modern technology, and also serves the practical purpose of housing the Library and IT Centre.
- A huge variety of courses are available in this campus - everything from business and science, to engineering and tourism.
The Mayo Campus is located next to Mayo General Hospital, less than ten minutes walk from Castlebar Town.
- Opened in 1994, in the west wing of the Hospital. The entire building has been sensitively restored to retain as much as possible of the original architecture, while providing the modern facilities and services required for students and staff.
- Specialises in nursing and outdoor education, as well as offering courses in business, technology, health sciences and more.
- In 2011, it became the first Institute of Technology campus in Ireland to be awarded Green Campus status.
Private Rented Accommodation
It provides a list of the different types of accommodation (houses, flats, full and partial board) available near the Galway, Mayo, Letterfrack and Mountbellew campuses.
A number of purpose-built student villages owned and run by private operators, are located near GMIT Galway and Mayo campuses.
Courses available 10Accounting & Finance 1 Applied, Pure Sciences 2 Business, Management 2 Computer Science, IT 1 Engineering 3 Health and Medicine 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 1
Be the first one!