About this course
Environmental management is of growing importance in the daily operation of private and public sectors. Throughout the past few decades, new environmental tools have emerged to enable policymakers and decision-makers to deal with environmental challenges presented in their planning and operation, including environmental accounting, environmental risk assessment and environmental management system certification. At the same time, the establishment of environmental regulation in different jurisdictions makes it necessary for different sectors to comply with different legal and regulatory requirements. This multidisciplinary programme is catered for students who have a strong interest and dedication in environmental management and sustainability.
GCE AL / IAL with
- Grade D or above in 3 AL subjects; or
- Grade D in 2 AL plus 2 Advanced Supplementary Level (ASL) subjects. (
Not including Chinese / Mandarin / English Language subjects. The same subject cannot be counted at both the AL and ASL).
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Applicant should request the IB organization to send scores to the University (Institution Code: 004307).
SAT Reasoning Test
- A minimum total score of 1,190 (out of 1,600) in the new SAT Reasoning Test (including Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, and Mathematics) / 1,650 (out of 2,400) in the old SAT Reasoning Test (including Critical Reading, Writing, and Mathematics) in one sitting.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- (MyBestTM Score is not accepted) Internet-based: 80; or
- Paper-based (prior to July 2017): 550; or
- Paper-delivered Test: Minimum score at the intermediate level in each section (Reading, Listening and Writing)
* Passing the TOEFL ITP does not satisfy the English language requirement.
- Overall Band: 6
- Grade E or above in GCE AS-level or A-level English; or
- Grade C / Grade 4 or above in IGCSE / GCE O-level English; or
- Grade C / Grade 4 or above in GCSE English or English Literature
- English A: Language and Literature (Higher or Standard Level) – Grade 4; or
- English A: Literature (Higher or Standard Level) – Grade 4; or
- English B (Higher Level) – Grade 4; or
- English B (Standard Level) – Grade 5; or
- English Literature and Performance (Standard Level) – Grade 4; or
- English Text and Performance (Standard Level) – Grade 4
- A sub-score of 8 in Essay Writing in old SAT; or
- 590 in Evidence-Based Reading and Writing in new SAT
- Other English language qualifications deemed acceptable by the University.
Domain and Credit Points (cps)
- Major , 45 credit points
- Major Interdisciplinary Course, 3 credit points
- Overseas Field Trip, 3 credit points
- Internship, 3 credit points
Final Year Project
- Honours Project / Capstone Project, 6 credit points
- Second Major / Minor(s) / Electives, 30 credit points
- Foundation Course, 4 credit points
- Breadth Courses, 9 credit points
- Experiential Learning, 6 credit points
- University ePortfolio, 3 credit points
Language Enhancement, 9 credit points
Total: 121 credit points
Classes will be held in Tai Po Campus and Tseung Kwan O Study Centre / Kowloon Tong Satellite Study Centre / Sports Centre as decided by the University.