About this course
Renowned international fashion brands have been developing their markets in Hong Kong and China in recent years. With the severe competitions facing globally and regionally, fashion brands start to build up their own media channels in order to enhance their competitiveness. With the advanced technology and the popularity of online activities, fashion brands are seeking new development and opportunities in the media strategy which need a pool of young talented practitioners.
The Fashion Media Design consists of a wide range of activities in the spectrum of the whole communication system and channels including media strategy, journalism, social media for fashion, fashion blogging, fashion film, webpage and app design, etc. to achieve a modern and all-rounded fashion communication solution.
This programme is designed to enable students to work in the different areas of Fashion Media Design. Emphasis will also be put on enriching students’ international exposure. Students will find the programme both practical and creative, through different learning experiences such as lectures, tutorials, projects, visits, competitions and industrial attachments. Broad knowledge and skills in fashion film, fashion journalism, new media strategy, social media, and blogging for business form the core components of the programme.
This programme is also designed with an emphasis on generic, language and communication training, whole-person development and workplace experience to better prepare students for further studies and employment after graduation.
- Applicants with academic qualifications obtained in secondary or tertiary institutions outside Hong Kong will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.
- IGCSE, GCE, International Baccalaureate (IB) or other overseas qualifications which are comparable with the required levels of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education will be accepted.
- IELTS overall score at 5 or equivalent
- English and Communication: Workplace Interaction
- Whole Person Development - Collaboration, Teamwork & Social Engagement
- Information Technology Essentials - Media
- Creative and Design Thinking
- Branding and Marketing for Fashion Media Design
- Fashion and Media Trend Analysis
- Introduction to Fashion Image Creation
- Computer Graphic Design
- Vocational Chinese Communication : Putonghua Conversation and Reports
- English and Communication: Workplace Correspondence
- Whole Person Development - MindShift: Achieving Personal Growth & Effectiveness (Part 1)
- Cultural Studies
- Advance Level in Fashion Image Creation
- Journalism for Fashion Media Design
- Video Production for Collaboration Project
- Social Media for Fashion
- English and Communication: Persuasive Presentations
- Whole Person Development - MindShift: Achieving Personal Growth & Effectiveness (Part 2)
- Aesthetics and Semiotics
- Fashion Blogging
- Vocational Chinese Communication: Putonghua Presentations and Promotional Text Writing
- English and Communication: Reports
- Fashion Event Planning
- Fashion Film
- Webpage and App Design
- Expanded Studies: Master Class / Seminars
- Graduation Project: Research Planning and Proposal
- English and Communication: Promotional Materials
- Whole Person Development - Enhancing Competencies in the 21st Century Workplace
- Advance Level in Computer Graphic Design
- Fashion Advertising and Communications
- New Media Strategy
- Visual and Motion Effect Workshop
- Graduation Project: Production
Modules Across Semesters
- Industrial Attachment
Remark: Students have to complete the Enrichment Module in Semester 3.