About this course
The Higher Diploma in Advertising Design aims to be a top-of-mind programme that focuses on the balance between creative strategy, communication art and production skills.
Students experience learning through activities that nurture the creative mind, with competitive transferrable skills that develop commercial awareness and consumer insights applicable to traditional and digital advertising and marketing.
Students apply creative strategies to persuasive communication designs that are practically produced for pitching and presentation. Students are trained to become enterprising advertising creatives who are open-minded, playful, confident, compelling and competitive. We encourage students to be observant, courageous and responsive in the ever-changing and highly challenging world of advertising.
Applicants with academic qualifications obtained in secondary or tertiary institutions outside Hong Kong will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.
IGCSE, GCE, International Baccalaureate (IB) or other overseas qualifications which are comparable with the required levels of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education will be accepted.
IELTS overall score at 5 or equivalent.
Semester 1 :
- English and Communication: Workplace Interaction
- Whole Person Development - MindShift: Achieving Personal Growth & Effectiveness
- Information Technology Essentials - Smart Living
- Creative and Design Thinking
- Advertising Design Studio
- Advertising and Marketing Strategy
- Advertising Photography
- Communication Design in Context: Advertising
- Communication Design Studio: Advertising
- Design Fundamentals
- Digital Imaging and Motion Design
Semester 2 :
- Vocational Chinese Communication : Putonghua Conversation and Reports
- English and Communication: Workplace Correspondence
- Whole Person Development - Collaboration, Teamwork & Social Engagement (Part 1)
- Cultural Studies
- Art Direction for Advertising
- Content Marketing Studio
- Digital Video Production
- Web Media Workshop
Semester 3 :
- English and Communication: Persuasive Presentations
- Whole Person Development - Collaboration, Teamwork & Social Engagement (Part 2)
- Aesthetics and Semiotics
- Marketing and User Experience Research
- User Interface Design Studio
- Expert Workshop
Semester 4 :
- Vocational Chinese Communication : Putonghua Presentations and Promotional Text Writing
- English and Communication: Reports
- Advertising Competition Studio
- Communication Design Futures: Advertising
- Creative Career: Competitions and Mentorship
- Omni-channel Design Studio
Semester 5 :
- English and Communication: Promotion Materials
- Whole Person Development - Enhancing Competencies in the 21st Century Workplace
- Creative Career: Networking and Portfolio Development
- Investigative Practices for Advertising
- Graduation Project
Modules Across Semesters
Remark: Students have to complete the Enrichment Module in Semester 4.