About this course
The Master programme Computer Science intends to intensify and extend the basic knowledge, students already gained within their Bachelor studies.
Therefore, interdisciplinary content aims to prepare students for their future roles in the field of Cyber-Security. You will study a mixture of advanced computer science topics in combination with relevant Cyber-Security-knowledge.
- Completed undergraduate study from a public or officially recognised university/higher education institution (240 ECTS for the 60 ECTS variant)
- in the field of Computer Science
- Degree certification of at least “Befriedigend” [lower second equivalent]
- Proof of English skills
- TOEFL (min. 80 points) or
- IELTS (min. Level 6) or
- Duolingo English test (min. 105 points) or
- Cambridge Certificate (min. B grade overall) or
- Equivalent proof
The proof must be provided before the start of the study and must not be older than two years. If English is your native language or you graduated from an English-speaking school/university, you do not have to prove your English skills.
Access options (depending on the previous study):
- For 240 ECTS from first degree: direct access possible
- For 210 ECTS from first degree: must take a qualification test (TASC)
- For 180 ECTS from first degree: must take a qualification test (TASC)
In addition, we recommend that you have a sound knowledge of mathematics and statistics. That knowledge should be comparable to the knowledge gained in the modules DLMDSAM01 - Advanced Mathematics and DLMDSAS01 - Advanced Statistics of the IUBH online study program. If required, you can complete these courses free of charge. Note: ECTS are not acquired through these courses.
You will focus on algorithms, you will deal with Cyber security and data protection as well as cryptology - an important tool in IT security. With blockchain you will also investigate a current and much-discussed practical application of these concepts.
- Computer Science in Cyber Security (60 ECTS)
Within our two-semester Master programmes you receive your Master's degree after just one year!
- Cyber Security and Data Protection
- Seminar: Advanced Cyber Security
- Block Chain
- Seminar: Computer Science and Society
- Quantum Computing
- IT Project Management
- Master Thesis & Colloquium