About this course
Data is becoming the most important asset of data-driven enterprises and plays a pivotal role in tackling the challenges of tomorrow. From the optimisation of existing production lines to the creation of new business models, data-driven decisions are at the centre of digital businesses.
Innovation springs from bright minds - our international Master programme puts you into the driver seat of your future career in Data Science. Graduates from our courses go to become technical gurus, team-leaders of successful data-science teams or value-driven masterminds who turn data into action.
- Completed undergraduate study from a public or officially recognised university/higher education institution (240 ECTS for the 60 ECTS variant, 180 ECTS for the 120 ECTS variant)
- For the 60 ECTS versions of the programme, students must also have completed the courses "Advanced Mathematics" and "Programming with Python" or provide comparable previous knowledge.
- Degree certification of at least “Befriedigend” [lower second equivalent]
- Proof of English skills
- TOEFL (min. 80 points) or
- IELTS (min. Level 6) or
- Duolingo English test (min. 105 points) or
- Cambridge Certificate (min. B grade overall) or
- Equivalent proof
The proof must be provided before the start of the study and must not be older than two years. If English is your native language or you graduated from an English-speaking school/university, you do not have to prove your English skills.
Access options (depending on the previous study):
- For 240 ECTS from first degree: direct access possible
- For 210 ECTS from first degree: must take a qualification test (TASC)
- For 180 ECTS from first degree: must take a qualification test (TASC)
Find the best programme for your needs and career goals: at IUBH we offer four different master´s programmes specialising in Data Science:
- Data Science (60 ECTS)
- Data Science for Smart Manufacturing (60 ECTS)
- Data Science for Autonomous Vehicles (60 ECTS)
- Data Science (120 ECTS)
Within our two-semester Master programmes you receive your Master's degree after just one year!
Data Science (120 ECTS)
- Data Science
- Advanced Mathematics
- Seminar: Data Science and Society
- Advanced Statistics
- Use Case and Evaluation
- Project: Data Science Use Case
- Programming with Python
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Big Data Technologies
- Electives A (Selection of one module)
IT Security and Data Protection
Software Engineering for Data Intensive Science
Electives B (Selection of one course)
Seminar: Current Topics in Data Science
- Master Thesis & Colloquium