About this course
Thinking about studying a business-related degree abroad? Berlin School of Business and Innovation offers the BA in Economics and Business Administration with Foundation Diploma at a central location in Berlin. This exciting programme aims to develop our student’s talents, transforming them into knowledgeable and capable individuals who know how to lead in the fast-paced business world. This exciting BA programme will familiarise you with various business areas including: economics, business law, finance, marketing, human resources and many more. Through a range of lectures, workshops, exams, case studies, practical work and guest lectures, you’ll learn how to successfully problem-solve and carve out new opportunities.
To ensure all our students are prepared to take on the challenges of the business world, BSBI offers a one-year foundation year which encourages students of all backgrounds to develop practical skills and innovative ways of thinking. Modules include: Managing Financial Accounting, Introduction to Marketing and Introduction to the Business Environment. Whether you want to be a leading figure in an organisation or start your own business, the BA will equip you with the necessary skills to do so. You’ll understand the intricacies of an organisation and learn to share your drive, ambition and vision to help meet strategic goals.
The BA is also an excellent starting point for those thinking about undertaking further studying including a postgraduate or research degree. BSBI is still encouraging prospective students to apply to our programmes; the number of seats for upcoming intakes is limited. We have several measures in place including intake deferrals and the possibility of starting the intake online with our live webinars and academic content. Once the borders are open again, we will deliver face to face classes as usual.
Minimum age: 17 (titles awarded upon completion of at least 11 years of schooling)
English language requirements:
- IELTS – minimum score of 5.0 (minimum 4.5 in each component), or;
- PTE – minimum score of 42 or equivalent.
English proficiency requirements can be waived for:
· Native English speakers;
· Applicants who completed their education in English (such as a High School diploma or IB).
Qualifications: NARIC equivalent to GCSE
The majority of your work will be completed in groups and on-going support will be provided through the use of structured, targeted individual tutorials and online tutorials.
The learning and teaching will consist of a variety of elements such as lectures, tutorials, workshops, animated/non-animated video, practical work, seminars and trips. The assessment strategy will include individual/group reports and/or presentations, case studies, essays, open/closed book exams, portfolio development, reflective journals and experiential work based activities.
The modules of this programme are offered via the blended learning method. Students will attend the online modules via the Uninettuno University platform and face-to-face at the BSBI campus in Berlin.
- Introduction to the Business Environment
- Employability Skills and Professional Development
- Introduction to Marketing
- Managing Financial Accounting
- Introduction to the German Language
- Academic English
BA - 1st Year
- Introduction to Business Administration
- Introduction to Law
- Business Management
- Organisational Dynamics and Behaviour
- Information Management
- Introduction to the German language
- Strategic Management and Leadership (in partnership with LSBF Executive Education)
BA - 2nd Year
- Monetary Economics
- Statistics and Business Statistics
- International Contract Law
- Banking and Finance
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Advanced German language
- Design Thinking and Innovation (in partnership with LSBF Executive Education)
BA - 3rd Year
- Public Economics
- Management Accounting
- Industrial Organisations
- Business Law
- Financial Mathematics
- Strategic Management
- Business German Language
- Management Consulting and Project Management (in partnership with LSBF Executive Education)
- Research Methods and Dissertation