|# 324||QS World University Rankings 2015|
|Year established||Data not available|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
|Nationalities||Data not available|
About Deakin University
Deakin University is in fact an Australian public university which brings together a combination of traditional teaching and research with a focus on implementing new ways to develop and deliver courses, and at the same time, ensuring that its facilities are constantly up-to-date in terms of tools and technologies. This University has achieved a sizeable amount of global recognition for its innovation and excellence and was ranked 29th in the world certified by Times Higher Education Top 100 Universities under 50 years of age rankings for 2018. In addition to that, Deakin University was also awarded a 5-star rating by the QS World University Rankings.
Students at Deakin University come from all walks of life and they even study via distance education programs. Internationalism is vital to ensure that the University reaches its mission in becoming the pioneer for positive change for the individuals and the communities it serves. Internationalism at Deakin University embraces and influences activities in the following areas:
- Student experience
- Curriculum - teaching and learning
- Student support
- Community engagement
Deakin University also operates various programs which contribute to the internationalism of the institution, its courses, as well as its students and staff, including:
- the development of partnerships with institutions from around the world
- student exchange and short-term study programs
- an international visitor programmers
|IELTS||Data not available|
|TOEFL||Data not available|
For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.
Courses available 10
Tuition and application fees
Data not available
Estimated tuition fees as reported by the institution.
|Application fee (local students)||Data not available|
|Application fee (foreign students)||Data not available|
|Student visa fee (foreign students)||Data not available|
Data not available
Average living cost in Australia
The amount is indicated taking into account the average cost of food, accommodation, etc in Australia for 2023
|Food||Data not available|
|Accommodation||Data not available|
|Others||Data not available|
Deakin University provides both On and Off-campus accommodation for the students. For the on-campus student accommodation, the University offers safe and comfortable homes for students to live in throughout their study session. Each campus has its own accommodation provided for the students whereas Off-campus accommodation is more on the students’ preferences and situations. There are many housings located near to the campus to suit the students’ conveniences.
Deakin University accommodations consist of:
Geelong Waurn Ponds
- Types: Bartoon College, Deakin College, and a new studio apartment.
- Geelong Waurn Ponds for 790 students only.
- Well-furnished rooms - lounge areas, kitchens, and bathrooms.
- Geelong Waurn Ponds provide facilities for the disabled students.
- Single room accommodation for only 200 students.
- Students may live in a mixed gender and multi-cultural environment.
- Facilities - lounge, kitchen, bathroom and laundry room.
- Kitchen - complete sets of basic cooking utensils for the students’ conveniences.
- In addition, special facilities for the disabled are also provided.
- Accommodates 342 students (both co-educational and multi-cultural environments).
- Each room - comfortable bedroom
- Facilities - lounge, kitchen, bathroom, and laundry facilities.
- Warrnambool has Bruce Morris Terrace, Sherwood House, Sherwood House II, Tuuram House, Wally Crowe Court, and the Wally Crowe Court Mansions
Overall, the university has 4 faculties and 2 institutes for research purposes:
(a) Faculty of Arts and Education
- School of Communication and Creative Arts
- School of Education
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Centre for Citizenship, Development and Human Rights
- Centre for Partnerships and Projects in Education
- Cultural Heritage Centre for Asia and the Pacific
- Centre for Teaching and Learning Languages
(b) Faculty of Business and Law
- Deakin Graduate School of Business
- School of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- School of Information and Business Analytics
- School of Law
- School of Management and Marketing
(c) Faculty of Health
- School of Psychology
- School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
- School of Health and Social Development
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Medicine
(d) Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- School of Architecture and Built Environment
- School of Engineering
- School of Information Technology
- School of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Institute of Koorie Education
(f) Research institutes and centres
- Alfred Deakin Research Institute
- Institute for Frontier Materials (IFM)
Geelong Waurn Ponds
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus can be located on the western edge of Geelong. Geelong Waurn Ponds campus is easily accessible for students with different kinds of transportation provided which include train, coach, and public bus. Also, this campus is within walking distance for students who live near to the campus.
- Train : V/Line trains operate regularly between Southern Cross Station in Melbourne and Warrnambool, stopping at Geelong station or South Geelong station. Connecting buses are also available which started from these train stations to the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus.
- Coach: V/Line coaches run from many regional centres, including the Great Ocean Road and Ballarat, to the Geelong city and Geelong station.
- Public bus: There are five bus services that started from Geelong CBD or railway station direct to the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus:
- Route 14 bus (Geelong City to Deakin University)
- Route 16 bus (Geelong City to Highton and Deakin University
- Route 18 bus (Geelong Railway Station to Deakin University)
- Route 19 bus (Geelong Railway Station to Marshall and Deakin University)
- Route 20 bus (Geelong Railway Station to Grovedale and Deakin University)
Melbourne Burwood Campus is a modern and cosmopolitan campus. The surroundings of this campus allow for social activities and study activities. The campus is structured with an innovative architecture, is spacious, and there are wireless hotspots available for students. Melbourne Burwood campus is highly accessible for students with a variety of transportation options provided to them such as train, bus, and even bicycle.
- Train: The Melbourne Burwood Campus sits between the Lilydale/Belgrave, Glen Waverley and Alamein train lines.
- If traveling on the Lilydale/Belgrave line, hop off at Box Hill Railway Station and take the 732, 767, 281 or 768 bus to the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- If traveling on the Glen Waverley line, hop off at Jordanville Station and take the 767 bus to the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- If traveling on the Alamein line, hop off at either Hartwell or Burwood Station and take the 75 tram to the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- Public bus: There are a few bus services that visit the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- Route 732 bus (Box Hill Station to Deakin University(Station Street) - Ferntree Gully)
- Route 767 bus (Box Hill Station to Deakin University(Burwood Highway) - Jordanville)
- Route 281 bus (Templestowe Village to Doncaster Shopping Town - Box Hill Station - Deakin University (Central Precinct - Building HF)
- Route 768 bus (Box Hill Station - Deakin University (Central Precinct - Building HF)
Warrnambool Campus is located close to several local surf beaches and popular tourist attractions. This campus is located near the Prine Highway to the East side of Warrnambook CBD. This campus promotes a friendly surrounding and an equally friendly community for students to engage in.
- Train: Daily rail runs from few places like Melbourne, Geelong, Mt Gambier, Portland, Port Fairy, Ballarat, and Hamilton. This service connects with public transport to other regional and interstate centres. Sherwood Park train station is located outside the Warrnambool Campus.
- Public bus: Take route 3 from Koroit Street Interchange to Deakin University via Gateway Plaza about 20 minutes.
Large (More than 10,000)
|Undergraduate students||Data not available|
|Postgraduate students||Data not available|
|foreign students||Data not available|