General student Visa Requirement in Singapore
October 21, 2019
Entry and visa regulations
Once accepted by a university, applicants must apply within two weeks to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for a Student’s Pass costs roughly about S$90. The application is processed online. Successful applicants will be issued with an in-principle approval (IPA) letter. Applicants need not apply for a separate visa as it is incorporated in the IPA letter, which can be used at entry checkpoints.On arrival in Singapore, complete formalities on production of a range of documents including passport, disembarkation/embarkation card, and a medical report in the prescribed format (available on ICA’s website). Singapore’s universities have demanding entry standards and are unlikely to accept anyone without good English. For applicants whose mother tongue is not English, the individual universities will set their required IELTS/TOEFL scores. Do not expect to be admitted without high scores.
1. Enrol in an official university and have approved student pass / visa from Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA)
2. Since English Fluency is highly of Concern the student needs one of these valid exams
- GCSE - General Certificate of Secondary Education
- TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS - International English Language Testing System
3. Ensure that their visa application reaches the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority at least 2 months before the date of commencement of the course.
4. An overseas student needs a local sponsor who is a citizen of Singapore or a Singapore PR above the age of 21 so that he can apply for a student pass.