General student Visa requirement in ChinaBy EasyUni Staff | Last modified 22 Oct 2019
According to the Chinese laws international students studying in China should have a valid visa to enter China. With the university administration notice, visa application for studying in China (from JW201 orJW202) students can apply for the student visa at the Chinese embassy or through a consultant in their own county. Students who plan to study in China for over the period of 6 months will be issued an F visa. Since China wants to promote Education the chances are fairly high that they will accept your application, but please make sure that all the documents are legal and there are no false documents involved.
1. Applicant's original passport valid up to at least six months with at least one blank page
2. One truly completed Application Form
3. Please affix one recent passport style colour photo with full face, front view, no hat, and against a plain light background on the application form.
4. Original and a copy of approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form JW201 or JW202 (for X1 applicants).
5. Original and a copy of Admission Notice from the university or Chinese University. Note: for foreigners who want to apply for a Chinese Medical Internship, the original and a copy of the Application Form for Medical Internship and Admission Notice for training in practice issued by the university required.
The regular processing time is 4 working days. If you want to collect your visa earlier, the express service and rush service are available. Express Service: 2-3 working days processing; extra US$ 20 will be charged. Rush Service (for emergencies): 1 working day processing; extra US$ 30 will be charged.
The fee for X is same to the fee for other types of Chinese visa. Generally speaking, Chinese embassies or consultants only issue single entry X to foreigners. If you apply for it in the United States of America, the fee is US$140 for American citizens, US$30 for other citizens.